Comments on the Northern Islander's Viewpoint

Open Discussion - for our Readers, Islanders, and Web Site Visitors alike. Discussion regarding any and all aspects of Beaver Island are welcome here. Also a place for general Beaver Island conversation and discussion.

Moderator: Gillespie

sbsp

Post by sbsp »

It's hard to conceive that no one out there is concerned about the hundreds of thousands of dollars that have been mismanaged by the SJT board over the years. We may as well put out a sign that reads, "Come to Beaver Island, bring your money, we will whistle as we take it from you because no one is paying attention".
Kirk
sbsp

Post by sbsp »

The audit shows thousands of dollars that are a loss because they were never billed properly and the statute of limitations has expired. Just write it off to simple human error??????
Kirk
stardust

lots for sale

Post by stardust »

People whom have bought lots in the township of POS are fire selling their property and reinvesting on the mainland, Like rats leaving a sinking ship.
AndyS

Post by AndyS »

THE MAN IN THE ARENA

It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood; who strives valiantly; who errs, who comes short again and again, because there is no effort without error and shortcoming; but who does actually strive to do the deeds; who knows great enthusiasms, the great devotions; who spends himself in a worthy cause; who at the best knows in the end the triumph of high achievement, and who at the worst, if he fails, at least fails while daring greatly, so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who neither know victory nor defeat.

THE MAN IN THE ARENA
by: Theodore Roosevelt
Excerpt from the speech "Citizenship In A Republic" delivered at the Sorbonne, in Paris, France on 23 April, 1910
Andy's Grooming Barn

Post by Andy's Grooming Barn »

Wow Andy! I like it!
Andy Kohls
Andy's Grooming and Boarding Barn
Jimmy

Post by Jimmy »

I asked around, the people at the Northern Islander do not contact others to determine the facts, they go with what they decide they like! That seems irresponsible! They live on Donegal Bay Road, they know nothing has been done to correct the worst part of the road. Are they happy? Who knows but yellow journalism is wrong and they should be very ashamed of themselves. I believe they are more concerned with selling advertisements to their relatives than the truth!

Mr. Taylor, the person posting President Roosevelts comments must have been directing the thought your way because the lies and half truths, if that, are certainly not coming from your direction! This needs to end, these people should resign or be charged with criminal negligence! Enough is enough! When they go to church today I hope they seek the answer from their creator and their conscience. We cannot afford any more of their misrepresentations. Thank you for pursuing the truth!
esteger

Post by esteger »

Some people serve, and others just complain.
Jimmy

Post by Jimmy »

Sir, the evidence is in, people are not complaining about good service. They are complaining about bad service, negligence, lies and mismanagement! Someone should post the auditors report here. The depth of negligence is overwhelming and when people in elected office refuse to admit their mistakes topics like this come to life!
AEW

Post by AEW »

To esteger

Lies, corruption, deception, negligence and incompetence is not 'serving' anyone.

American people holding the elected and appointed officials accountable and responsible for their actions is not complaining. It is the duty of the citizenry.

You might need some refresher training in basic civics and government ethics.

KLEPTOCRACY: government by those who seek chiefly status and personal gain at the expense of the governed.
AE Wirth
duffer

in general

Post by duffer »

the sad thing i see here is that irresponsible seems to be the normal way of life here, like some how because its beaver island rules don't apply, and then when asked for and good answer your more apt to get the miss give< MISS GIVE YOU SAY? yes the lets shine it on to the public, and miss lead those who are gonna move here. Maybe there should be warnings , as in a guide how to fit in here? I also thing there should be bumper stickers handed out that say just because they wave does not mean they like you. unless were voting for more things non islanders pay for, this whole fiasco is sad, because i love every one and have worked at my business making friends one customer at a time. HONESTY IS ALWAYS THE BEST POLICY. I KNOW I WORK THAT WAY AND KNOW I RAISED MY KIDS TO BE THAT WAY!
duffy
Campbell60tr34@aol.com

Comments

Post by Campbell60tr34@aol.com »

THE MAN IN THE ASYLUM

When the lunatics take over the asylum things that would normally seen bat s..t crazy become normal and accepted.
Jim Campbell