Water plane On lake G

Open Discussion - for our Readers, Islanders, and Web Site Visitors alike. Discussion regarding any and all aspects of Beaver Island are welcome here. Also a place for general Beaver Island conversation and discussion.

Moderator: Gillespie

esahlquist

Water plane On lake G

Post by esahlquist »

Hi

We would appreciate it if the person who owns the water plane would please cut back on landing and taking off on the lake. It is very loud and takes away from the natural calm of the lake and the reason we come here!
Gillespie

Post by Gillespie »

Really, really???
Gillespie

Post by Gillespie »

Should we declare Independence Day for just you?
meadefamily

Post by meadefamily »

We love the Seaplane! It is so much fun to set on our deck and watch the plane.

Please also consider that there tremendous plane traffic in general over the island this weekend and we heard planes on and off all weekend. The seaplanes activities were minimal!!

What an exciting time for many to be on the island sharing in not only the beauty but all the great activities! Hearing the planes at work was terrific !! Planes=people=money to the island!!

Lake G is an all sports lake, and when you bought here that certainly should have been taken into account. If you want solitude and quiet an all sports lake is not a good choice. If you look at the big picture I would say we are certainly blessed to be on lake G. Where else on just fourth with this size of a lake in michigan can you look out and only see a few fishing boats and a few boats??

We say keep flying!! The seaplane is so cool to be part of our lake G family life!!
Dick and Amy

Post by Dick and Amy »

I loved to see them take off, and land, when I lived on Lake "G".
the winter party with Keith Teagues, is another welcome event.
jacquel

Post by jacquel »

Please be aware that we have a pair of loons with a chick on Lake G. Excessive (and I'm not saying that there was) disturbance puts the chick at risk of predation.

Thank you.