So disappointed

Open Discussion - for our Readers, Islanders, and Web Site Visitors alike. Discussion regarding any and all aspects of Beaver Island are welcome here. Also a place for general Beaver Island conversation and discussion.

Moderator: Gillespie

SAT

So disappointed

Post by SAT »

I have been working on my peach tree for the last 10 years to bring it back to fruit bearing-gradually pruning, fertilizing and pest control. This year was my first pretty successful year🥳. I have been watching it happen since May. I checked my still rock hard peaches just before I left the island for about a week to attend my daughter’s wedding. I came back with new mason jars and small pie tins ready to reap my harvest!
I went out to get some peaches this morning to whip up a pie for a sick friend. Someone came and picked every single peach while I was off the island😞. This was not a nice or fair thing to do.
I am sad.
tst

Re: So disappointed

Post by tst »

that is terrible for someone to do that,hopefully you find out who did it.what going on island never was like that before.
SKATINGFAMILY

Re: So disappointed

Post by SKATINGFAMILY »

Stealing the food right out of your mouth, unfortunately there are people who think what is yours that you worked hard for somehow belongs to them. If I were there I would bring you some from the Elk Rapids area. Maybe that person will bring them back or at least own up to the theft.