TDS DSL Expansion

Open Discussion - for our Readers, Islanders, and Web Site Visitors alike. Discussion regarding any and all aspects of Beaver Island are welcome here. Also a place for general Beaver Island conversation and discussion.

Moderator: Gillespie

CMIX

TDS DSL Expansion

Post by CMIX »

Good morning,

I wanted to up date everyone on a couple of items.

1. DSL expansion project is coming along very well. We are expecting to finalize our work this month, which means we should be able to make DSL available to you sometime in March. Finally, you will be able to receive the service you've been asking for. I will be sure you get the information as soon as it is available.

2. TDS has restructured our market management department. As of the 1st, I will no longer be the market manager for the Island. I will remain a market manager for TDS. However, I will have some new markets. Al Ripp will be taking over my responsibilities on the island. Al is still getting up to speed with all of his new markets, so please give him a bit of time to catch up. Nonetheless, Al's contact information is listed below as he is your new market manager.

Email - al.ripp@tdstelecom.com
Office - 608-826-4395
Cell - 608-212-9036
Address - 1912 Parmenter St Middleton , WI 53562

3. Thank you for always giving me an opportunity to respond to your questions, concerns, and items needed in the market. I really enjoy the island markets and can't wait for you to have high-speed Internet.

Thank you - Chad Mix
CMIX
Gillespie

Post by Gillespie »

Thank you Chad!! I don't think people realize what kind of investment TDS is making in the equipment to bring DSL to the entire island! It shows the commitment of the company to smaller markets and I, for one, want to express my appreciation, I am sure there are many others!!! Thanks for your efforts as you move on!
Jeff

Post by Jeff »

Agreed, thank you very much Chad!
Nich

Post by Nich »

I'll third that idea. Thanks for all your help, Chad! And for the TDS involvement in our small island! So far, the service has been great! The other day (a very windy day) the service was down for about 2 hours. This is the first time it has been down all winter. I called it in at 5:30 am. By 7:30 am it was back up again, and since then I have received 2 calls from TDS verifying that it was fixed. I have to say, that was the best customer service I've received from any company in quite a long time! I'm very pleased with the service!

Will Al Ripp be posting a notice here on the forum when the expansion is available?
Thanks again!
Ted Nicholas
Ted Nicholas
nich01@tds.net
Brentpike

Post by Brentpike »

Not sure if this has been covered yet or not but, will it be available to people down at Bonners Landing?

Boy, it sure would make my life easier.
Gillespie

Post by Gillespie »

When it all kicks in, my understanding is that it will be anywhere a phone line is on Beaver Island.
DwightEarly

Thanks, Chad, for Serving Us Well

Post by DwightEarly »

Chad, we'll miss you. I personally appreciate your candor and frequent postings on the forum. Thank your for answering questions in my telephone conversations with you. Hopefully, this reassignment is either a promotion for you or part of your career broadening path.

Al, Welcome to the Island account. You need to get out here and see the place. A working vacation is a great way to plan it. Plus, some of us might even be persuaded to share an elixir of the gods with you when you visit. I know Rich G. will 2nd that suggestion!
jflanagan

Post by jflanagan »

Dwight

Didn't know there were still any Early's on the Island. My mother was Nora (Early) Flanagan from Arranmore. Wonder if we're related.

Jim
DwightEarly

Post by DwightEarly »

Jim, Sorry, my family is from the suburbs of Chicago, and I (and family) currently reside in Dayton, OH, (hopefully for not much longer - plan to retire to the Island soon). However, my eldest daughter keeps the family tree. So, I'll ask her if we have any Flanagans on a limb.
jflanagan

Post by jflanagan »

Dwight

My Dad was the only Flanagan to marry an Early that we knew. The names your Daughter might see would be the ones from Aranmore in addition to Early they'd be the same names as on Beaver: Boyle, O'Donnell, Greene, Gallagher, Bonner, Rodgers, McCauley and McCafferty.

Jim
Tina Walker

Post by Tina Walker »

Thank you Chad for always making donations, when requested for activities I have planned for the island. Your and TDS's generosity is greatly appreciated.

Is it true, that when everything is up and running that there will be service everywhere there is phone service? In remote areas, farther from the hubs, do you know what the approximate speed of the high speed will be?

Welcome Al Ripp.