Joddy Croswhite

Open Discussion - for our Readers, Islanders, and Web Site Visitors alike. Discussion regarding any and all aspects of Beaver Island are welcome here. Also a place for general Beaver Island conversation and discussion.

Moderator: Gillespie

Gillespie

Post by Gillespie »

Joddy, Hope all is going well for you. I have been trying to find this song that you used to sing with Rich Scripps and I which was more trouble than I thought it would be, hence my delay in posting good wishes. When we were all much younger Joddy used to bring his pedal steel in to the Shamrock and join us for a set or two. This burly, bearded man would join us in a beverage although his drink of choice was a "Strawberry Daiquiri ". We used to laugh about that a lot! Anyway pal, let's schedule a curtain call and come in and play this with us again as soon as you can! I had no idea JJ Cale had done this song!! Best wishes from our family to yours! Rich, Laura and Kids

"Sporting Life Blues (Brownie McGhee)

I'm getting tired
Of hanging 'round
Think I will marry
And settle down
'cos this old nightlife
This old sportlife
Is killing me
I've got a letter
From my home
Most of my friends are
Dead and gone
I begin to worry
I begin to wonder
'bout days to come
My mother used to
Talk to me
I was young and foolish
And could not see
Now I've got no mother
My sisters and brothers
Don't care for me
I swear I'm gonna
Change my ways
I'm getting older
Everyday
When I was young and foolish
It was so easy
To run and play
I'm getting tired (I'm getting tired)
Of hanging 'round (of hanging 'round)
Think I will marry (think I will marry)
And settle down (and settle down)
'cos this old nightlife
This old sportlife
Is killing me
This old nightlife
This old sportlife
Is killing me"
Dave

Post by Dave »

Joddy,

One of our favorite Joddy Croswhite songs has always been "What a Wonderful World." To paraphrase the lyrics a bit...

"I see friends posting here, sayin' "How do you do?"
They're really saying "I love you".

We all love you, Joddy. Continued strength from all of us.

Dave & Jan
caram

Post by caram »

Here's one of my all time favorite island memories: A Sunday night in mid-summer. Coming into town around 8 to hear Joddy play at the Shamrock. Rain pouring down. It stops. The band is setting up in the bar. Out comes one of those beautiful harbor rainbows that seem to run from point to point and beyond. We are all out there soaking it up, and out of the bar comes the wonderful sound of Joddy playing "Somewhere Over the Rainbow". I'm not kidding when I say I had tears in my eyes!
Keep the faith Joddy! You are so loved on the island!
Carol Aram
VickyF

Post by VickyF »

Joddy, Beth Sagan and Stryder

Our thoughts and prayers our with you.

Paul and Vicky
Ziemniak

Post by Ziemniak »

Well, I think that I may never be able to comfortably share a glass of apple juice with Joddy.
I am happy to hear you are feeling better Joddy and I am keeping you in my thoughts, sending you some good vibes all the way from Poland.
Keep on singin' my man.
-Matthew Hohn
Dan Wardlow

Post by Dan Wardlow »

Wow ... our thoughts and hopes are with you, Joddy, Beth, Stryder, and Saygan.
Maureen Abele

Post by Maureen Abele »

Adding my prayers and hopes for your speedy recovery, Joddy. All best wishes to you, Beth, Stryder and Saygan.
--Maureen Abele (Crouse)
Melissa Croswhite

Have I told you lately that I LOVE YOU!!!

Post by Melissa Croswhite »

Hi Joddy and Beth, This is a great way to let you know I'm thinking of you. And another way to tell you both how much I LOVE YOU. All of us gathered here in Driggs, ID, at Cheyenne & Darren's, send our well wishes and a "group hug!" We're happy to be here supporting Saygan through all this. He sure was happy to "talk to my Dad" today. WE LOVE YOU, Lissa
stephensimple

Get well soon!

Post by stephensimple »

Sending some digital positive energy your way!

Stephen Garcia
I love Beaver Island
debrob2

Joddy Croswhite...UPDATE

Post by debrob2 »

HERE IS THE LATEST FROM BETH...SOUNDS LIKE 'OUR JODDY' IS DOING BETTER AND BETTER EVERY DAY!

Hello Everyone,

Another great day! Joddy was moved from Critical care ICU to ICU Step Down. This means he is not as serious but still in ICU. He is making great progress. He sat up several times today. But his best news was the catheter was removed. Time to party!!! His new motto is the "squeaky wheel gets the tube pulled!". He has had excellant care in critical ICU. In fact, several nurses have come back to check on him in step down. His night nurse from last night came back tonight to check on him and hang out and talk music and bands. Joddy shares music where ever he goes...he is the updated version of the "Music Man". Joddy wants everyone to know he drank real apple juice today and loved it. And he is eating solid foods and even hospital food tastes great...well almost. So good progress again today.

Thanks for all your support. We loved reading the forum tonight....laughing and crying. It is touching. Beaver Island is such a beautiful place to live...from the nature to the beautiful people. Joddy says, "The beauty that surrounds the Island, fills the hearts of the people that live there or have been touched by the Island. And we are blessed to experience that beauty from miles away."

As he moved to his new room we sang, "On the Road Again..."
Love, Beth
maryp

Post by maryp »

Joddy and Beth.

Been thinking of you daily and praying for your strength. After all I am an angel you know!!!! :lol: Keep improving and get home soon.And rememger "ITS A WONDERFUL WORLD"!!!!
maryp

Post by maryp »

wHAT THE HECK IS REMEMGER???? sHOWS YOU SHOULD PROOF READ!!! LOL
ddpalmer

Prayers from Fairport Harbor

Post by ddpalmer »

We love you Joddy! Lots of prayers coming across the Great Lakes over to you - we had the whole congregation praying on Sunday. Gabby keeps asking about you and they were thrilled to hear the latest update. Prayers do get answered!!

Mom sends her love and we can't wait to come see you!
Beth - you are AMAZING - we love you too!!! Keep Joddy in line -
Croswhite's are the worst patients!!! I'll pray for the nurses now!

Love you both,

Dee Dee, Pat ("mom"), Dwayne, Daniel, Victoria and Gabby :P
JohnB

Best Wishes Joddy!

Post by JohnB »

Joddy and Beth and family. I've just been notified of your latest bout. I'm sending prayers and best wishes your way. I'll also try and get some Texas sunshine and warmth up Island way.

Wishing all good things for you all,

John Boucher
debrob2

Joddy Croswhite...UPDATE

Post by debrob2 »

THE LATEST FROM THE CROSWHITES....THANK YOU BETH FOR KEEPING US UPDATED...

Howdy,

Well, it was a waiting day. We waited for doctors, we waited for a new room and we waited for a shower. Yes, Joddy got a shower today...much to the relief of all the staff...LOL. Actually, Joddy was so excited to get cleaned up, he made that his "goal for the day". He's now been in bed for seven days and really loved being wheeled into that shower. But we haven't moved to his new room yet. We were told this afternoon he was going to the heart floor soon. But hospital soon and our soon are living in different time zones I think. Patience is the name of this game. He finish respiratory therapy. This is big news because they have been very concerned about all the blood he inhaled into his lungs and that it would become pneumonia. Well, he passed with flying colors. He now is completely off his blood pressure cuff and all IV tubes are disconnected for the night. They are still close by and ready for "reload" if necessary. But he can sleep without the tangle and web of tubes or the alarms ringing tonight. His progress is just astounding. I am so impressed with his recovery. Joddy is well past nine lives now and still going strong!

Late last night around 10 p.m., as I was preparing to leave, one of his critical care night nurses came to visit. He was chatting about Joddy's progress since Friday. I got an interesting lesson from him about the "Minnesota Tube". This nurse said it has been years since he's had a patient with this device come to ICU. That was one of the first tubes they removed from Joddy on Saturday. But after hearing about what it and all the doctors did, I now realize how close to death my sweet Joddy slipped. The Minnesota tube is a long tube inserted into the esophagus and stomach. The bottom has a balloon that inflates to put pressure on the stomach walls to stop internal bleeding and to suck out blood. Then there is a long balloon above that inflates in the esophagus that puts pressure on the varices to try to stop them from bleed. Then it comes out the mouth to extract all the blood so he won't inhale it into his lungs. Now this is a simple, layman way to explain it, I'm sure. But I do know it was one of the many things that saved his life Friday and I am grateful. I have attached a picture for any medically curious folks out there. Jessica took the photo after it was removed.

Well, its getting late again and Joddy is all tucked in for the night. Thanks for tuning in. Hey, was this analog or did you use your digital converter to read this? Yeah, I know, go to bed Beth.

Love to all, Beth