Live Irish Music Welcome for the Beaver Island Boat

Open Discussion - for our Readers, Islanders, and Web Site Visitors alike. Discussion regarding any and all aspects of Beaver Island are welcome here. Also a place for general Beaver Island conversation and discussion.

Moderator: Gillespie

davidhi5

Live Irish Music Welcome for the Beaver Island Boat

Post by davidhi5 »

Dear Beaver Island musicians, I've heard that there used to be a tradition here that when ferry passengers arrived at the port of St. James, they received 1000 welcomes in the form of live Irish music being played on the pier for them. I'm interested in reviving this tradition with other island musicians (e.g. guitar, fiddle, drum, flute, accordion) of all ages. If you're inspired to join me, please reach out to me via personal email (davidhi5@yahoo.com). If we have enough interest and can get organized, I would next contact the Beaver Island Boat Company to inquire if we can have permission to gather on the dock for the purpose of welcoming boat passengers with live music — primarily Irish tunes.
Thank you, David Hill
BI Pirate

Re: Live Irish Music Welcome for the Beaver Island Boat

Post by BI Pirate »

Hey hi5, What a great revival of an old tradition. With inflation, it's now 100,000 welcomes but I'm thinking visitors will now enjoy it a hundred times more than before. Keep us updated on your progress. I'm thinking there are some choral groups out there who will join in with some old Irish songs. Talk to Sheri Timsak and Joe Moore. 8) =D> 8) .
Skull&CrossBones