Robert M. Stebbins RIP

Open Discussion - for our Readers, Islanders, and Web Site Visitors alike. Discussion regarding any and all aspects of Beaver Island are welcome here. Also a place for general Beaver Island conversation and discussion.

Moderator: Gillespie

AndyS

Robert M. Stebbins RIP

Post by AndyS »

We have some sad news. Yesterday evening Andy's brother Bob passed away unexpectedly. The cause of death is not known at this time. Some of you may remember him as he was a summer resident on Beaver Island for about 20 years along with his parents, Bob and Erna Stebbins. Bob was mentally handicapped, a gentle soul and very much loved by his family. He enjoyed classic movies and TV shows, trivia challenges, bowling and trading cards. He also had the talent of timekeeping, for example knowing off the top of his head how old people were or would be if they were still alive.

Bob was born November 24, 1957 and grew up in Warren, MI and Troy, MI. He is survived by his siblings Erna (Carl) Kriigel, Elaine (Mike) Testerman, Andy (Sally) Stebbins, Marty Stebbins, Janet Stebbins, Kay (John) Cuddohy, and many nieces, nephews and cousins.

Plans are underway to hold a funeral Mass by Zoom in the near future, and we are hoping to be able to have an in-person memorial sometime in the spring.

Sally Stebbins
JFPowers

Re: Robert M. Stebbins RIP

Post by JFPowers »

My condolences I am so sorry for your loss.

Jeff Powers
BeanieBeanstalk

Re: Robert M. Stebbins RIP

Post by BeanieBeanstalk »

Oh, Andy and Sally, I'm so sad to hear this. I know how you loved him and enjoyed his humor and gentle spirit. May God bring you the Peace which surpasses understanding.