Many thanks!

Open Discussion - for our Readers, Islanders, and Web Site Visitors alike. Discussion regarding any and all aspects of Beaver Island are welcome here. Also a place for general Beaver Island conversation and discussion.

Moderator: Gillespie

Richards

Many thanks!

Post by Richards »

This year's Beach Cleanup was very successful. Thanks to all the volunteers who made that possible!

Lu and Tim O'Connor - Little Sand Bay
Dick Mulvihill - French Bay
Larissa McGinnity - McCauley's Point to Donegal
Pam Grassmick and Dave - McCauley's Point to Bonner's Landing
Emily Ruddell - Donegal Bay
Annette Dashiell - Greene's Bay North
Nel Warsfold - Back Beach
Janet and Keith Brothers - Iron Ore Bay
Bev and Alan Vicstein - Beaver Head Lighthouse
Alana and Bob Anderson - Western Shores
Betty Scoggins - Launch Ramps
Bob Tidmore - Main
Sheri Richards - Paradise Bay - Boat Dock to S. Bay
Judy Boyle - Greene's Bay South
Ken McDonald and Kris Ries - Wicklow Beach

If you would like to head out to clean a beach or two, it would be welcomed! Supplies will be at the Community Center till next weekend. Remaining beaches to clean:
BIG SAND BAY - NORTH
BIG SAND BAY - SOUTH
PARADISE BAY - BOAT DOCK TO NORTH BAY
LITTLE IRON ORE BAY
ST. JAMES CAMPGROUND - HEAD EAST
CABLES BAY
OLIVER'S POINT

As I was cleaning the Harbor Park beach (across from the Shamrock), I noticed a silver paddleboat that has been grounded there. I am guessing it was washed up by the seiche this past summer. If you are missing this nice paddleboat, I would suggest coming with some shovels and buckets to remove it. The township has been notified of this "lost ship", and hopefully will be removed before winter.

Also, many thanks to the good folks at the Beaver Island Community Center, BI Transfer Station, and the Beaver Island Association for making this event possible! The reports that were completed and handed in will be sent to the Alliance for the Great Lakes for further study.

Sheri Richards

p.s.- Thanks to all of you who regularly clean our streets and shores without a desire for acknowledgement. You are appreciated <3
PScott

Re: Many thanks!

Post by PScott »

Add my thanks to all who participated.
And you can count more than half of Cable Bay as done. I will get the north third done soon. It’s my “job” since I’ve retired.
Trish Scott