BIRHC Dental Equipment and Services

Open Discussion - for our Readers, Islanders, and Web Site Visitors alike. Discussion regarding any and all aspects of Beaver Island are welcome here. Also a place for general Beaver Island conversation and discussion.

Moderator: Gillespie

BI Pirate

Re: BIRHC Dental Equipment and Services

Post by BI Pirate »

I have to say that the BIRHC has to be loving you keeping my original post going, and going and going but still no response to my questions. What is the grant money status, what is the date for the dental equipment to arrive on the island, when will the contractually required dental services resume at the Health center or does anyone else give a damn? Also waiting for Mrs. Pirate (aka, not Andy :wink: :wink: ) for her to clarify her accusation that I am spreading rumors. :? :? :?
Skull&CrossBones
steveandelaineonbeaver

Post by steveandelaineonbeaver »

Post by BI Pirate » Fri Nov 02, 2018 6:28 pm
“Rumor before sailing out of there was that the NorthernIslander is folding.”
Folks that is called a lie.
Dickie Pirate was well aware it was not true when he wrote it. Have you no shame Dickie?

“I have to say that the BIRHC has to be loving you keeping my original post going, and going and going but still no response to my questions. What is the grant money status, what is the date for the dental equipment to arrive on the island, ……………” Fantasy Pirate Again.

Nice try but it’s unlikely that the BIRHC board will give in to YOUR demands that YOU be answered on YOUR favorite fake news source – the forum.

TIP: back page Nov NorthernIslander re: dental grant. Lets start a pool for closest dental equipment arrival. My guess is Nov 21.
Steve and Elaine West
20 Southern Oak Dr
Camden SC 29020
Beaver Bump

Post by Beaver Bump »

Ken I find it very interesting that you don't put "Chicken label" on BI pirate as well since he is in the same "boat" sort of speak. Although you two are of the same mind so that would explain it.
I can't speak for MrsDpirate as I don't know her but for me myself I am not moving anywhere so apparently once again you guys are giving misinformation.....big surprise! I like my little stick home with all of my beaver friends around me and unlike you or the pirate I live here all year long supporting my friends daily not from a distance and I don't have judgement against them..... guessing you two can't say the same.

As for the pirate asking the questions on this forum from BIRHC, I agree with Kim and Steve, first the pirate should be asking the BIRHC (why he doesn't is obvious he is trying to cause trouble and doesn't really care about getting answers) and second nobody is going to do business on this forum(pretty obvious why not if the forum were handled professionally maybe).

Steve - Although you might be right the pirate has been blowing a lot of wind and I am afraid that will mess up the boat schedule so I am going to say that the equipment may not arrive until Nov 28.
medic5740

Post by medic5740 »

If it is so easy to get information out of the BIRHC regarding the dental equipment, etc., then why did they fail to contact the only news service that could have recorded their meeting and posted it immediately? I had previously sent OMA requests for notification of meetings, FOIA requests for information and a subscription to their documents, and I have made the request at a previous BIRHC meeting as well as by numerous emails.

They had a special meeting on 11/1/18 at 6 p.m. about the dental equipment, didn't notify News on the 'Net, and ignored the OMA and FOIA requests made. The question is simple: WHY?

It can't be because they want the public to know about their meetings and their decisions. Is it possible that they don't want people to know about this dental issue?

This could have easily been quickly reported with a video of the meeting.

Joe Moore, editor
Beaver Island News on the 'Net
Andy's Grooming Barn

Post by Andy's Grooming Barn »

Joe I had heard about the meeting prior, so I don't feel like anything was being kept from me and really don't see what incentive the BIRHC would have to try and keep stuff from the people that help support them. As for representation and knowing what is going on at these meetings, if all else fails each township has a board member that is also on the board of the BIRHC. My understanding is that there were 2 St. James board members at that meeting so I would think you could also ask questions from your representatives.

Although I do agree with some of the others about just asking. I think just picking up the phone and asking would go a long ways, when I have asked questions from people at the health center previously I have found them to be very honest and helpful, I guess I would try to keep in mind that the work they do at the health center is for the community - I don't know what other agenda they would possibly have so I don't understand why they would try to hide anything.
Andy Kohls
Andy's Grooming and Boarding Barn
Gillespie

Post by Gillespie »

"Dickie", in no way shape or form is the pirate, who started that ridiculous notion?
BI Pirate

Post by BI Pirate »

I not only agree with Mr. Moore but will go one step further and go on record saying that the BIRHC has totally failed the Beaver Island community by continually not communicating with the public on subjects of concern and interest. Getting any information out of anyone at the Health Center, board included or maybe especially, is like pulling teeth and we now know they have absolutely no interest communicating anything involving their requirement to provide dental service for the past year and a half. What is even more saddening is people like Andy and others continue to make excuses for them by blaming everyone else. The BIRHC and all associated with it in my opinion are a disgrace to health care providers by not openly communicating with the public. Argue with that one Andy by again telling us how great they are. aka, not Dickie. :( :( :( .
Last edited by BI Pirate on Mon Nov 05, 2018 7:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Skull&CrossBones
BI Pirate

Post by BI Pirate »

Dear Retired Chamber Guy, You break my heart by saying that I lied about the NorthernIslander folding. It's not a lie if everyone is saying it, people are telling me that you are leaving the island rather than spending your retirement years in what you refer to as Paradise. I'm hearing that the paper is for sale but people are questioning who would want to buy it. If people are saying these things it can't be a lie. I used the term "folding" with no glee because it would be another island business closing its doors. Today's news comes to us immediately and electronically and there is one service on the island providing today's news today, not saying read about it in the November or December issue. Hard copy print news is dead. If what people are saying and I am wrong, please correct me and I will gladly print a retraction to my "folding" comment with sincere apologies once the NorthernIslander is sold. aka, still not Dickie. :( :( :(
Skull&CrossBones
Andy's Grooming Barn

"The BIRHC and all associated with it in my opinion are a disgrace to health care providers by not openly communicating with the public."

Pirate making the above slanderous remarks about the BIRHC and all associated (which would also imply all of the professionals that come over from the main land) you are really treading on thin ice but then again as Ken used the language that when you are to "chicken S- -t" to use your own name of course you are willing to make these kind of remarks. You do realize that nothing on the internet is every truly anonymous...….

I don't need to argue with you on this because I don't care how you feel about them. I respect the BIRHC, trust them and personally know how professional they are, that is all that matters to me.
Andy Kohls
BI Pirate

Post by BI Pirate »

Dear Mrs. Kohls, I believe you are accusing me of libel, not slander. Although libel is somewhat easier to prove because the defamation is "written" and not "oral" as in slander, there are a couple of hurdles that need to be proved for the aggrieved to win damages. First the statement must be patently untrue and secondly it needs to be an intentional lie causing provable damages. I don't believe that there is anyone, other than possibly you, who believes the BIRHC hasn't been negligent in openly communicating with the public about the dental situation as well as other issues after repeated requests by Mr. Moore and others to include myself. I would also defy anyone to accuse me of intentionally lying about my statement which I clearly identified as my personal opinion. Please keep in mind that personal opinions are like a squirt gun while intentional defaming lies would be like firing Work's cannon, everyone would hear it and recognize it. I'll be sure to give you a heads up if my arsenal should change with further criticism of the BIRHC and then I'll worry about the "thin ice". :shock: 8) :roll:
Last edited by BI Pirate on Tue Nov 06, 2018 6:06 am, edited 2 times in total.
Skull&CrossBones
Andy's Grooming Barn

You are correct I did use the wrong terminology, although I am pretty sure you completely understood me.

Funny pirate you just don't seem yourself, you once described yourself as not picking a side and just trying to show a little humor, telling everyone to ease up...…………...now the humor seems to be lost and you picked a side a long time ago.

Also what might be squirt guns in your opinion could be serious damage in other people, you are not the one that gets to decide that, either way as Ken has stated your "chicken sh--t" as you have no guts but to say this all behind a fake name.
Andy Kohls
Andy's Grooming Barn

Pirate - since you seem to be so interested in the subject I thought I would share with you some information I have been reading.
https://forum.freeadvice.com/threads/ca ... um.427737/
Andy Kohls
Beaver Bump

Post by Beaver Bump »

You all just need to kick back and listen to this music of the Beaver Bump!!!!
It is a classic!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z6UgqXd7q4k

Then we can all do the Beaver Bump instead of arguing.
BI Pirate

Post by BI Pirate »

Mrs. Kohls, You are totally correct that in my squirt gun scenario was completely insensitive and failed to consider the witch in the Wizard of Oz. My deepest apology to all witches. Also, thank you for your heads up on forums and libel, I'll be sure to avoid posting on any Illinois forums. :lol: :wink: :lol:
Skull&CrossBones
Andy's Grooming Barn

Maybe I am incorrect but I thought everyone already knew there wasn't going to be a dental office yet in Nov. so I am not seeing the Pirate accomplish anything other than he showed his true colors.

At the meeting in Sept. if I recall correctly the goal was to get the dental equipment here by the end of Nov., not to have a dental office up and going by end of Nov.

Although I don't recall seeing any of you guys that are complaining on this forum at the BIRHC Sept. meeting, a meeting that the BIRHC set up where you could ask questions and find out what was going on, guess you guys would rather just cause trouble on this forum and pretend like they are really trying to accomplish something.

Ken- it is generous of you to offer the tickets, but i see nothing else you have accomplisshed in helping out with getting a dental services to the people. If anything i think you have made it more difficult for others to try and get this accomplished. When people are working on getting something done on this island but are constantly getting stopped by phone calls or on the street by people asking to straighten out fause information, that is often put on this forum, it takes up a lot of time, time that could be used in working on projects such as this. To bad instead of causing so much trouble on this forum you guys couldn't have found a way to use this energy to work with some of the people on BI.
Andy Kohls