A Celebration of Life for Rod Nackerman

Open Discussion - for our Readers, Islanders, and Web Site Visitors alike. Discussion regarding any and all aspects of Beaver Island are welcome here. Also a place for general Beaver Island conversation and discussion.

Moderator: Gillespie

marynack

A Celebration of Life for Rod Nackerman

Post by marynack »

Rod Nackerman's family would like everyone to know that they are bringing him home to Beaver Island on Saturday, June 6th on the morning boat. There will be a procession to Holy Cross church, where a Funeral Mass will be held at noon.
All are welcome.
Mass will be followed by one last drive To the Point, (past the Post Office) and on to the Cemetery where we he will join family and friends.
Prayers, thoughts, songs and words will settle him in.
Slán Abhaile.
A luncheon will be served at the church hall, generously hosted by the Altar Society and many kind friends on the Island.
An after-party will be held later in the day at the Nackerman family farm....stories, tears, music and laughter will be shared by all.
Everyone is invited.
Traditional Island Music (and treasured Island musicians) will accompany us throughout the day as we all come together to remember and honor our good man.
Rod asked that the celebration of his life be â??Happy and Loudâ?￾!
Please join us!
Thank you all for your kind actions, words, thoughts and prayers.

For the full obituary, please see link: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1UeC ... sp=sharing
Gillespie

Post by Gillespie »

Oh, what a wonderful man, an honor to know and so sad to see him go. Great summer last year when he participated in the handoff of his beautiful grand daughter! It was literally a fairytale but real and then he has issues this winter. Great guy, great Beaver Island man and lover of the island! God speed Rod, who could deserve it more!
Pam Grassmick

Post by Pam Grassmick »

Rod was the best of Beaver Island. Our prayers are with all of your family during this difficult time.
McGrass
joddy

Post by joddy »

to "ALL" of rod's family and friends we send our deepest love to you. we really loved rod!! and he will live in our hearts, i'm sure as well as yours, forever!!!!!
BI Pirate

Post by BI Pirate »

They don't come any better than Rod. I know that you and Bill Cashman are sharing a life time of stories about Beaver Island history. Be at peace my friends.
Skull&CrossBones
Andy's Grooming Barn

Post by Andy's Grooming Barn »

What a wonderful man. I was lucky enough to get to know Rod through his dog Rex just 3 years ago. So glad I got the chance to call him my friend, such a kind man.
Andy Kohls
Andy's Grooming and Boarding Barn
BI Pirate

Post by BI Pirate »

Today was a wonderful tribute to one of Beaver Island's finest gentlemen. He will be greatly missed but his legacy will live on in the hearts and minds of all those who had the pleasure of knowing him.
Skull&CrossBones
Gillespie

Post by Gillespie »

It was an incredible show of love! What a great family!
Beaver Island Jewelry

Post by Beaver Island Jewelry »

It was a beautiful send off for Rod yesterday! He would be happy that all his "instructions" were followed.

Rod will be missed in this community....

Nancy