Looking for a few good men.... for a community play

Open Discussion - for our Readers, Islanders, and Web Site Visitors alike. Discussion regarding any and all aspects of Beaver Island are welcome here. Also a place for general Beaver Island conversation and discussion.

Moderator: Gillespie

jacquel

Looking for a few good men.... for a community play

Post by jacquel »

We are in need of 3 men and a woman or two to make the cast of The Boarding House. If you are interested, check out the script at the library and read through it.
Auditions (sorta) will be next week (probably) and the show will be performed on Memorial Weekend.

The men roles:
Mr. Richards, a writer who likes to act out his death scenes.
Dirk Shadow: a young man, a little crazy, searching for pirate treasure
Dr. Sni Fell: a retired Dr. who keeps busy calling on the folks living at the Boarding House.

If you ever wanted to try acting, or have done so before, feel free to join us. Food is involved in the rehearsals, if that makes a difference!
Mojave Bob

Post by Mojave Bob »

Can't be there to be in it, unfortunately, but will certainly look forward to seeing the play when we are there on Memorial Day weekend! Will you post showtimes and details here on the forum?
jacquel

Post by jacquel »

certainly.
duffer

Post by duffer »

hey i would enjoy doing something ! let me know!
duffy
jacquel

Post by jacquel »

Jeff,
Stop by the library and pick up a script. Let me know if one of the male roles appeals to you. I have Mr. Richards filled. So Sni-fell or Dirk Shadow?

I hope to have the cast set by the end of next week.