Little Sand Bay Preserve Kestrel Monitor

Open Discussion - for our Readers, Islanders, and Web Site Visitors alike. Discussion regarding any and all aspects of Beaver Island are welcome here. Also a place for general Beaver Island conversation and discussion.

Moderator: Gillespie

Pam Grassmick

Little Sand Bay Preserve Kestrel Monitor

Post by Pam Grassmick »

The Little Traverse Conservancy is looking for assistance with monitoring one of three American Kestrel boxes located on Beaver Island. The nesting box that needs a monitor is located at the Little Sand Bay Preserve. The time commitment is 30 minutes every other week. Monitoring reports are submitted to a national program which is attempting to reverse their decline with the placement of nest boxes. The boxes at Barney's Lake and Little Sand Bay have been cleaned and readied for nesting. The American Kestrel is the smallest falcon and one of the most colorful hawks in the world. Karen Whitecraft monitors the Barney's Lake nest box. If interested, please contact Karen or myself for additional information. Karen can be reached at 448-2266 or my number is 448-2314.

Thanks for considering!
Pam Grassmick

Post by Pam Grassmick »

All set-thank you to those who responded quickly. You will hear more on this monitoring project shortly.
McGrass
Liam Shan Ballymore

Post by Liam Shan Ballymore »

Where is the third box? I promise not to disturb them.
...tis a fine and enviable madness, this delusion that all problems have solutions...and yet the horse may sing