To All Beaver Island Veterans - Friday 6/13/2014

Open Discussion - for our Readers, Islanders, and Web Site Visitors alike. Discussion regarding any and all aspects of Beaver Island are welcome here. Also a place for general Beaver Island conversation and discussion.

Moderator: Gillespie

dc

To All Beaver Island Veterans - Friday 6/13/2014

Post by dc »

This Friday 6/13/2014 from 9am to 1pm we will have representatives from the Aleda E. Lutz VA Medical Center out of Saginaw here to answer your questions and sign up veterans for health care benefits. A large turnout will certainly be to our advantage when it comes to services that we will be able to offer right here on the island so even if you have been ineligible to receive benefits in the past please take a few minutes to stop in and have a chat with these folks, let them explain the various programs and the eligibility requirements. Membership in other organizations is not required, an honorable discharge is.
The Beaver Island Rural Health Center has been working closely with the Saginaw VA to get to this point and now we need your help. Even if you currently have good health insurance and benefits, many island vets do not, and the more interest we can show, the more we will receive as this program sprouts wings.
Thank you and I hope to see you there Friday.

Denny Cook
BIRHC Director Emeritus
USMC 69/70
BI Pirate

Post by BI Pirate »

It will be good to have VA services on BI to avoid having to go over to America. :D The last time I went to the VA to get checked out they made me turn my head and cough. They aren't going to play that trick again on Friday, are they? :shock: :roll:

Skull&CrossBones
Navy 1845