Summer Housing :)

Open Discussion - for our Readers, Islanders, and Web Site Visitors alike. Discussion regarding any and all aspects of Beaver Island are welcome here. Also a place for general Beaver Island conversation and discussion.

Moderator: Gillespie

Riah95

Summer Housing :)

Post by Riah95 »

Hi everyone. Let me just start by saying that I have been coming to Beaver Island every single summer since I was born. I absolutely love it. You are all maintaining something very special and without your friendly faces and welcoming hearts the island just wouldn't be complete. Next summer my hope is to live and work on the island. I have graduated from high school and would love the opportunity to spend a summer on my favorite place in the world. I hope to get a job with the boat company. If I am unable to do so then I will be looking elsewhere for full time or over 30 hours a week of work if at all possible. Though work is a concern, the biggest obstacle I face is finding a place to stay. I'm on the lookout for a studio or 1-bedroom apartment to rent for the entire summer. If there is a family that has an extra room that they are looking to rent out I would consider an arrangement like that as well. It needs to be within a 15 minute biking distance of town or closer. I'm just asking that if anyone knows or hears of a possible apartment or room that will be available next summer to just let me know. I am also keeping an eye out for a place that boards horses. There is a chance that I will bring my gelding up with me and will therefore need a place to keep him. Please keep an eye out for me for work, housing, and horse boarding. I figured you all would know the inside scoop better than anyone when it comes to things like this on the island. It is much appreciated. Thank you and God bless!