Charlie is Missing

Open Discussion - for our Readers, Islanders, and Web Site Visitors alike. Discussion regarding any and all aspects of Beaver Island are welcome here. Also a place for general Beaver Island conversation and discussion.

Moderator: Gillespie

BobTidmore

Charlie is Missing

Post by BobTidmore »

I let her out this morning and she hasn't come back. She may have fallen down and with her bad hip she may not be able to get up. She is partially deaf and doesn't see that well.

We live on Main Street just to the West of Gallagher Ave.

Bob Tidmore
448-3088

BobTidmore

Post by BobTidmore »

Charlie is gone, she fell in the water across the street. Thanks Jimmy for helping.

Bob T
Phyllis Moore

Post by Phyllis Moore »

I'm so very sorry, Bob and Kathy. I know how very special Charlie was to you.
JFPowers

Post by JFPowers »

My condolences Bob and Kathy, Charlie was a very special dog.
sbsp

Post by sbsp »

Bob and Kathy -
We are saddened for your loss of a dear family member.

Kirk & Judy
E T

Post by E T »

Bob and Kathy, Our sincere sympathy. We know how dear Charlie was to you both--truly a special dog.

Ed and Linda
Ed Troutman
38280 Beaver Drive
Beaver Island, Michigan 49782
Sheri Timsak

Post by Sheri Timsak »

I am so sorry to hear of your loss!! It is amazing how much animals can become parts of lives but i never truly realized it until we lost our golden retriever a few years ago at the age of 15. My thoughts are with you both!!
westies1942

Post by westies1942 »

So sorry to hear about Charlie. Sometimes words don't come to express our thoughts but wanted you to know how bad I feel for you. Judy ( Karin Marcinaks' mom)
pam moxham

Post by pam moxham »

aussie cattle dogs are awesome . I fell in love with her first time I met her & she was one of our influences in getting our twins. so very sorry to hear there's one less on Beaver Island. She was the first and best !she'll keep those angel cattle on their wings/toes. :)Charlie had a great life with you folks( Kathy told me once of charlie moving back and forth ,till you said No! she's staying with us.)condolences to her "foster" mum Amy too.
pam gat & pack
dan and kathy

Post by dan and kathy »

Bob and Kathy, We are very sorry to hear about Charlie. Our thoughts are with you. Dan & Kathy
Jim

Post by Jim »

As dog owners ourselves, Donna and I know the loss you must feel. Please accept our sympathy.

Jim and Donna Stambaugh
Marilyn Racine

Post by Marilyn Racine »

Bob and Kathy, Liam just told me about your Charlie...we are truly saddened by your loss. We know how pets become family and how difficult this is. Our thoughts are with you. Liam & Marilyn
Andy's Grooming Barn

Post by Andy's Grooming Barn »

I am so sorry for your loss, I know how special she was to you. You were lucky to have her be a part of your family for so many years. My thoughts and prayers are with you both. Take Care.
Andy Kohls
Andy's Grooming and Boarding Barn
Tina Walker

Post by Tina Walker »

I am so sorry for your loss.

Rainbow Bridge

Just this side of heaven is a place called Rainbow Bridge.

When an animal dies that has been especially close to someone here, that pet goes to Rainbow Bridge.
There are meadows and hills for all of our special friends so they can run and play together.
There is plenty of food, water and sunshine, and our friends are warm and comfortable.

All the animals who had been ill and old are restored to health and vigor; those who were hurt or maimed are made whole and strong again, just as we remember them in our dreams of days and times gone by.

The animals are happy and content, except for one small thing; they each miss someone very special to them, who had to be left behind.

They all run and play together, but the day comes when one suddenly stops and looks into the distance. His bright eyes are intent; His eager body quivers. Suddenly he begins to run from the group, flying over the green grass, his legs carrying him faster and faster.

You have been spotted, and when you and your special friend finally meet, you cling together in joyous reunion, never to be parted again. The happy kisses rain upon your face; your hands again caress the beloved head, and you look once more into the trusting eyes of your pet, so long gone from your life but never absent from your heart.

Then you cross Rainbow Bridge together....

Author unknown...
atidmore

Post by atidmore »

I am Bob and Kathy's daughter and I brought Charlie to the family. I got her from the pound in 1995 when I was living in Phoenix, AZ. We think she was 2 years old at the time. She also lived in Milwaukee and Wausau, Wisconsin and Flushing, Michigan finally retiring to a life of leisure on Beaver Island in 2004. She was a wonderful companion to all and will be greatly missed.

My deepest thanks to all the islanders that helped my mom and dad take care of Charlie in recent years. And a special thanks to those who helped out on her last day.

Warmest Regards-

Annie Tidmore