Coyote Hunting

Open Discussion - for our Readers, Islanders, and Web Site Visitors alike. Discussion regarding any and all aspects of Beaver Island are welcome here. Also a place for general Beaver Island conversation and discussion.

Moderator: Gillespie

Dennis

Coyote Hunting

Post by Dennis »

I am a coyote caller and have heard that the island has some problems with coyotes. I would be interested in coming to your island and see if I could help. Would be after the gun deer season and thru-out the winter months. :?: :?: :D
gavin.west

Post by gavin.west »

Dennis,

I think many of us would love to have your help. We are in the process of discussing / organizing a coyotee hunt for this winter. potential for prizes, reduced rates for accomodations, etc.... keep watching the forum as we formulate a plan.

Gavin
bryan russell

I too would be interested

Post by bryan russell »

Interested in hunting or tournament.

keep me informed

bryan@carbonflybox.com
Andy's Grooming Barn

Post by Andy's Grooming Barn »

Who is in charge of this hunt that seems to be getting organized. Would like to ask many questions...........such as when, where etc. Is this going to be on public property or private, will they be using dogs etc. Have concerns with them coming on to private property without permission, not against hunting as long as it is hunting and not slaughtering. Also concerned with having hunters or dogs coming on to my property and endangering my animals. If this is going to be going on please forward information on who i can contact with questions.
Thanks,
Andy Kohls
Andy Kohls
Andy's Grooming and Boarding Barn
Jimmy McCafferty

coyote hunting

Post by Jimmy McCafferty »

It is very interesting that that the paranoia of the coyote will never go away. Seems to be a Lafreniere tradition never based in fact but driven by the sheer desire to slaughter animals designed to reach natures balance. Not to mention any specific names but one of our beloved rabbit dogs was killed by these same psychoitic people
Michelle LaFreniere

Post by Michelle LaFreniere »

Wow Jimmy.. I've never shot anything.. and I cant say that any of my siblings or my father did either.. and we're LaFreniere's..
Donegaljim

Post by Donegaljim »

My favorite sport is hunting coyote callers.
Michelle LaFreniere

Steve West is NOT a LaFreniere.. he is married to one yes, but still, NOT a LaFreniere.. I just was offended, and over it.. Jimmy knows better.. I know he does. I happen to love the McCaffertys.. all of them!
Jimmy McCafferty

Post by Jimmy McCafferty »

Would like to publicly apologize to Michelle for my previous posting. I should have worded it differently so I am truly sorry if you felt I was attacking your family. I let my emotions get the best of me and am truly sorry if I offended you Michelle. But the coyote issue always seemed ridiculous to me
Michelle LaFreniere

Jimmy.. its ok.. I knew you didnt mean any harm. and to the others, I AM a LaFreniere, and I think the coyote issue is ridiculous, but I dont even begin to think I can lump my family's opinions into mine..
Chamber of Commerce

Post by Chamber of Commerce »

Mr. Kowland,

The Chamber of Commerce is not involved in coyote hunting and does not have a view one way or another on the subject.

The views of Mr. West and others expressed in the Charlevoix Courier & NorthewrnIslander are their own.

To learn more:

(231) 448-2505 M-F 9-3
Chamber@BeaverIsland.org

A link to the Charlevoix Courier story:
http://www.charlevoixcourier.com/articl ... 239872.txt
Last edited by Chamber of Commerce on Thu Jan 07, 2010 4:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
John Chapman

Post by John Chapman »

I'm confussed. Is this topic about the slaughter of coyotes, "Family Fued" or "Survivior" Beaver Island? If it is Survivor, how does one get the immunity idol?
I do agree with Donegaljim that if you are in the woods and hear a coyote, shoot first and get the facts later. You can always determine afterwards whether it was a coyote, Lab, Husky or just a coyote caller.
Why not just cool it on killing all the coyotes?
John Bolton

Post by John Bolton »

Folks, times are hard, there is a recession of major proportions going on.
My family and I, here on the island, are just trying to get by, like everybody else. Sales are down here at the Acme Tool factory, so my job as a prototype tester for equipment that catches road runners is in a major slow down.
I realize that a couple of cousins of mine are a little crazy and snatched the neighbors dog, but as far as we being the main reason for the supposed scarcity of deer here on our island (yes, we live here, too. Our family goes way back, over 150 years!) Give me a break.. Literally.
The more of our family that gets killed, the more pups in our litters the next Spring. Biological fact.
So instead of just blindly trying to wipe us out, how about at least a discussion on the merits of letting nature takes it's course??
We are not man eating wolves, merely opprotunists... kinda like those who want to attain economic viability or those who have the need to just kill something by taking it out on my hide....literally.

Wiley E. Coyote
Acme Tool Company.
Beaver Is., Mi
If we do not all hang together,
we will all hang separately,
Ben Franklin