Upcoming Elections

Open Discussion - for our Readers, Islanders, and Web Site Visitors alike. Discussion regarding any and all aspects of Beaver Island are welcome here. Also a place for general Beaver Island conversation and discussion.

Moderator: Gillespie

What options best describes how you would vote?

Poll ended at Wed Nov 09, 2022 9:45 pm

Republican (Right Wing of the Duopoly)
23%
Democrat (Left Wing of the Duopoly)
23%
Libertarian (Not a Wing of the Duopoly)
15%
Green Party (Not a Wing of the Duopoly)
No votes
Independent
15%
Communist Party (...it is an option, and it would at least be an honest vote)
No votes
Constitutionalist Party
No votes
U.S. Tax Payer Party
No votes
Nobody (leave the official position vacant)
23%
Don't Vote
No votes

Total votes: 13

Charlie W Brooke

Upcoming Elections

Post by Charlie W Brooke »

Greetings,

If you have no clue who to vote for, don't just check a box. Vote for me, Charlie B (Charles W Brooke), as a write-in candidate...for all of the boxes you don't know who to vote for.
Don't like all the crappy options for some positions? All sorts of names and people you've never heard of? Most likely corrupt people who just use their Party affiliations to get your votes down the party lines? Better to vote for someone you know, or at least live near and can go speak with if you have a problem. Not someone far out of reach who doesn't answer or return calls to the people they are supposed to be representing.

Vote Charlie B (Charles W Brooke),
Because a vote for Charlie B, is not a vote for Duopoly. Not a vote for the Left or Right Wing of the same evil predatory bird, seeking to devour the freedoms and rights of the People for the sake of their personal interests...and profits...profits for weapons manufactures making big money off endless foreign wars via printed up dollars devaluing and inflating your savings and purchasing power away. And its not a vote for your typical soulless lizard person wearing a human suit occupying the highest levels of government. Lets elect read humans with souls again for a change. Not Party-People who use flattering words, make false promises, and seem to always get really rich while they are in office (never made much sense how that happens with how little their salaries were...unless there was...corruption?)

If you have any questions, just call me and ask them. Or stop by my house and say hi, like old fashion humans did before the digital era began divorcing us from our humanity. Or find me at the Laundromat during the weekdays.
(616) 634-7575 Cell
(231) 448-2836 Home
26855 South Arm Road
Beaver Island, Michigan
I'd prefer you don't show up to kill me, unless there is a really good reason that isn't rooted in corruption and self-interest. Generally not a good idea to be doing that. Usually you want to give civil conversation a try first before the violence is defaulted to. You might not have anyone be here to fix your appliances if you do. I fix appliances by the way.

Sincerely,
-Charlie B.
Pam Grassmick

Re: Upcoming Elections

Post by Pam Grassmick »

Hi Charlie,

Glad to hear that you're interested in politics. If you are interested in serving the island community, call Doug Tilly at the Peaine Township Hall. There are 5 open positions on various boards and they could use an interested person.
McGrass