To All Beaver Island COA Clients

Open Discussion - for our Readers, Islanders, and Web Site Visitors alike. Discussion regarding any and all aspects of Beaver Island are welcome here. Also a place for general Beaver Island conversation and discussion.

Moderator: Gillespie

I'm Just The Messenger

To All Beaver Island COA Clients

Post by I'm Just The Messenger »

ALL BEAVER ISLAND COA CLIENTS
Manna in association with Feeding America program has provided the Charlevoix County Commission on Aging on Beaver Island another round of 90 fresh fruit/vegetable boxes.
The boxes are first come first serve for all COA registered clients. Because of the limited supply we will distribute 1 box per household to COA participating Beaver Island residents. Those planning to pick up boxes are asked to remain in their vehicle to limit physical contact.
Currently, I am unaware of the amount of fruit, vegetables or combination of the two inside each box.
We respectfully ask each Beaver Island COA client to be present in the vehicle to receive a fresh food box. We cannot guarantee a box to each client, though each COA household that came to the June distribution did receive a box.
Distribution will take place rain or shine at 4 p.m. – airplane delivery permitting – on Tuesday, September 8, at the Charlevoix County Building at 26466 Donegal Bay Road. Clients will be routed through the county garage where the boxes will be loaded into the vehicle and then proceed to exit out the opposite end of the garage.
We understand some Beaver Island COA residents 60 and older may have a friend or family member pick up a box in their place. Those residents are asked to call the Beaver Island Senior Center at 448-2124 and speak to Lonnie Allen by 9 a.m. on Tuesday, September 8. Calling ahead also will not guarantee a box as it is a first come first serve distribution. Thank you all for your understanding.
Further questions can be directed to Lonnie Allen at 448-2124.