MAD Camp news!

Open Discussion - for our Readers, Islanders, and Web Site Visitors alike. Discussion regarding any and all aspects of Beaver Island are welcome here. Also a place for general Beaver Island conversation and discussion.

Moderator: Gillespie

Nonna4

MAD Camp news!

Post by Nonna4 »

After bringing MAD camp to Beaver Island in 1998, the advisory board has decided it is time to close its doors. We offered 20 camps in that time and now, with rising costs and the difficulty of finding volunteer staff, we can no longer continue the program. When we look back on the impact we’ve had on the lives of island children and visitors,we are happy with what was accomplished. Now there is art in the school, music lessons available, and lots of ways children can be involved in fine art activities. We thank all the island residents and businesses for the support over the years. We couldn’t have made it this far without your help.
allen.becky3

Re: MAD Camp news!

Post by allen.becky3 »

This is such a bummer. My 3 kids have participated for the past two years and looking forward to doing so again this year. :cry:
BI Pirate

Re: MAD Camp news!

Post by BI Pirate »

Sue Oole and her staff of volunteers have provided island children and visitors wonderful learning and cultural opportunities over those years, what a gift of giving. I remember helping her father, Art Johnston, in the early years with transportation and chores. A labor of love for a couple of old pirates. I would like to thank the entire MAD Camp crew for their contributions to Beaver Island over the past many years. This old pirate, for one, will miss them. :( :( :(
Skull&CrossBones