Lawnmower on this side of the pond?

A place to post individual items that are for sale, trade, or free. Posted item must be located on Beaver Island.

Moderator: Gillespie

Patrick S. McGinnity

Lawnmower on this side of the pond?

Post by Patrick S. McGinnity »

We're in the market for a high-tech grass cutting implement of some kind, preferably one with a smooth-running, easy starting motor and four wheels that may or may not turn under their own power.

We are about to order a Honda self-propelled mower, but I thought we'd check if anyone out there has a nearly-new/well cared for push, self propelled, or riding mower from a reputable manufacturer of yard machines that they might be willing to sell. Gas engine, not electric. A rider would be awesome, but we probably can't afford it, and with all the home brew recipe development going on, I could probably use the exercise of a walk-behind. The newer/more reliable the better, as I'd prefer to spend my spare time mowing rather than fixing the lawnmower.

Give me a shout here, or call me at home at 448-2125. I'm in the library 10-4 weekdays @ 448-2701.
Mojave Bob

Post by Mojave Bob »

Husqvarna makes an all-wheel-drive walk-behind mower with a Honda motor that I can personally highly recommend. It handles rough and hilly terrain really well, and runs super. It runs about $500. There is a Briggs & Stratton powered version available for about $350. Both are available at Lowes.