New Charlevoix Airport Terminal cost to Beaver Is.

Open Discussion - for our Readers, Islanders, and Web Site Visitors alike. Discussion regarding any and all aspects of Beaver Island are welcome here. Also a place for general Beaver Island conversation and discussion.

Moderator: Gillespie

Rose Gallagher

Post by Rose Gallagher »

This might be crazy speculation but it sounds like more decisions are made relative to taxing and spending of those dollars between public meetings and not at them. Is the joint township meeting on Monday open to the public and can questions be asked? Like I say, something just does not sound right. Tax payers may be caught sleeping only to wake up holding the bag of big tax increases. Rose
BobTidmore

Post by BobTidmore »

Good luck on getting the Beaver Island Airport Committee to answer questions. Over two months ago I was out of town and had an island resident attend their meeting and submit, in writing, three simple questions. I included my name, address and telephone number.
1. Do you bid out work for contract work performed on the airport. (Does the township airport committee try to insure we get a good price for work performed at the airport AND are other contractors offered an opportunity to obtain work funded by the taxpayers?)
2. What are the insurance requirements for your contractors? (What are the insurance requirements as they may be working around million dollar aircraft? )
3. Is the township airport listed as a named beneficiary on the contractorâ??s policy? (As I understand it this is a normal requirement).
No answer from the Airport Manager (paid by the taxpayers of Beaver Island), the Airport Committee chairman or any of the members. Nothing, nil, nada, zip!
BobTidmore

Post by BobTidmore »

I was wrong about the airport manager; if that person was not there then I can understand why I did not receive a response and I apologize.
Rose Gallagher

Post by Rose Gallagher »

Can someone who attends the meeting on Monday just post a short summary so those of us who can not attend know what is going on with the townships and airport? Thank you.
Jeff

Post by Jeff »

Thanks Ken! Richie should also get credit for the forum - I had installed the software back in 02 or 03 but he really got the discussion rolling.