Pictures of ferry "NORTH SHORE" in Gallery

Open Discussion - for our Readers, Islanders, and Web Site Visitors alike. Discussion regarding any and all aspects of Beaver Island are welcome here. Also a place for general Beaver Island conversation and discussion.

Moderator: Gillespie

South Shore

Pictures of ferry "NORTH SHORE" in Gallery

Post by South Shore »

I'm uploading a set of pictures from Life Magazine. A story was done on taking horses over on the "North Shore", summer of 1953. If you can help identify who people are in the pictures or remember the occassion, please do so!

Sean
Sean Whelan
South Shore

Post by South Shore »

Well... there will be, sometime! They haven't been "approved" yet by the moderator I guess!
Sean Whelan
Jeff

Post by Jeff »

Something strange must have happened because I do not see them in the queue... sorry about that -- could you upload them again. (just uploaded a few without issue as a test... if you upload more than one at once make sure you click through the second confirmation which gives description blanks for each image separately)
South Shore

Post by South Shore »

Forgot to hit the process button! Ok, they're up!
Sean Whelan
Marie LaFreniere

Post by Marie LaFreniere »

These pictures have been circulating amongst the Islanders for about a month now.

You see them all at ... http://images.google.com/images?q=beave ... rce%3Alife

We were told they were taken in 1951. Between a few of us we've identified quite a few people.
South Shore

Post by South Shore »

1951 indeed - had my date off. Do share those whom you do know. I've picked out my great-uncle James Gallagher and I believe Jewell Gillespie. Also- who would have been running the North Shore at the time?
Sean Whelan
Joyce

Post by Joyce »

Mark Cross and/or Dick Lyons were running the North Shore in 1951.
BIHS volunteer