Missing Book

Open Discussion - for our Readers, Islanders, and Web Site Visitors alike. Discussion regarding any and all aspects of Beaver Island are welcome here. Also a place for general Beaver Island conversation and discussion.

Moderator: Gillespie

Pam Grassmick

Missing Book

Post by Pam Grassmick »

I am looking for a book that was borrowed some time ago. The title is: Island Life, Island Toil: The House of David on High Island
by Ramon Nelson.
I could buy another one but this one was a gift from my mother with an inscription. If you happen to see it, please give me a call-2314.

Thanks!
Pam
McGrass
Pam Grassmick

Re: Missing Book

Post by Pam Grassmick »

Bump...still missing.
McGrass
JVoth

Post by JVoth »

Hello Pam,
I saw your post about missing a book called, "Island Life, Island Toil." I was looking to buy this book did a Google search, as I had just watched the House of David movie called "Life Everlasting," and found your post. I had looked at Amazon.com first and there is a seller called Sally Waddle Boutique that has this book and it is listed for $400. And what caught my attention was the book description which is as follows:

179 pgs. Scarce publication. Lengthy inscription by author on half-title. Dust jacket has a lengthy closed tear and crease to front and rear panel respectively. Nice cover. Interior text and images are clean throughout. Binding excellent. A one-of-a-kind publication.
Ships from Sally Waddle Boutique
Sold by Sally Waddle Boutique

I was wondering if maybe this is the book that you are missing because it said there is a lengthy inscription inside. Well, I hope you find your book and I sincerely hope someone didn't borrower your book and is now selling it.

Joanne Voth
Pam Grassmick

Post by Pam Grassmick »

Dear Joanne,

Thank you for your thoughtful response to my lost book which I posted in September 2020. My husband was able to find a copy on line and bought it for me. Then in September of 2022, my copy with my mother's inscription was returned to me. It is priceless to me.

I appreciate knowing about the movie "Life Everlasting". The next time that you are on the Island, please let me know. I'd love to have a cup of coffee with you. Your reply demonstrates there are kind and caring people in the world! :D
McGrass
JVoth

Post by JVoth »

I am so glad that your original book was returned to you! And yes, if I ever visit Beaver Island, I will definitely look you up. Chris Siriano, who made the movie, Life Everlasting, lives in St. Joseph, MI, where I live as well. If you ever wanted a copy of the movie, he sells the DVD and I see that it is now available on Amazon to stream. Here is a link to the movie: https://hodfilm.com/ .