Taxes on Rental Homes on Beaver Island

Open Discussion - for our Readers, Islanders, and Web Site Visitors alike. Discussion regarding any and all aspects of Beaver Island are welcome here. Also a place for general Beaver Island conversation and discussion.

Moderator: Gillespie

hermit

Taxes on Rental Homes on Beaver Island

Post by hermit »

Did I just hear this right. St James and Peaine Twp are even considering increases in taxes to those who rent their houses.

Who are the board members. You have to go.
medic5740

Re: Taxes on Rental Homes on Beaver Island

Post by medic5740 »

This just one of those February and March rumors. There is nothing been brought up at either of the townships' board meetings about this. That does not mean that it is not being discussed in the planning groups, but there is no motion or resolution that refers to this idea that you are suggesting.

We have to wait to see what is written in the Master Plan, and that will give you plenty of input at the public hearings.

Joe Moore

P.S. I live stream most all of the township meetings on Beaver Island TV.
hermit

Re: Taxes on Rental Homes on Beaver Island

Post by hermit »

Joe. You know me. Trust me. But it’s on the Port St James letter Association I got today. That they would even try to suggest that means they (however they are) need to be voted out. And I might change like my dad did years ago. All our voting rights there. About ten people can change things there.