Grateful

Open Discussion - for our Readers, Islanders, and Web Site Visitors alike. Discussion regarding any and all aspects of Beaver Island are welcome here. Also a place for general Beaver Island conversation and discussion.

Moderator: Gillespie

Lois Sowa Stipp

Grateful

Post by Lois Sowa Stipp »

I have always felt blessed being on the island. But, never more so than right now. This is a difficult time for everyone. Yet, the island keeps moving forward. McDonough's Market has been amazing. Island Energies has been open and always friendly. The Shamrock and Dalwhinnie has been creative and continue to provide a service despite the restrictions and obstacles. Power's Hardware for staying open, when it would be easier not to. And, the Transfer Station, and so many more. I would especially like to thank the BIRHC for working with the Health Dept and getting vaccines to the island. I would like to thank the school helping to figure out how to fill the need for the right venue. I am always amazed at how this community pulls together for the greater good and makes it all work. Thank you.
Lois Sowa Stipp
K.D. McBride

Re: Grateful

Post by K.D. McBride »

Well said for those on the Island and also appreciated by those who couldn't make it to the Island because of the pandemic.
Kirk D. McBride