Go Ahead. DIS ME. GET-IN-MY-FACE!

Open Discussion - for our Readers, Islanders, and Web Site Visitors alike. Discussion regarding any and all aspects of Beaver Island are welcome here. Also a place for general Beaver Island conversation and discussion.

Moderator: Gillespie

BeanieBeanstalk

Go Ahead. DIS ME. GET-IN-MY-FACE!

Post by BeanieBeanstalk »

I spent the day, yesterday sleeping and crying. But now, I'm up at it, and I'm swingin'.

It's been flattering to be asked to join this or that organization, or to oversee an event. But at the risk of insulting just about everyone on the island, no thank you. I'm going for more substance.

I couldn't watch Joe suffer AND TAKE IT for 10 years, without being inspired. The longer he is gone, the more I see the beauty of his fight. Well, I want to fight like that too. And THANK YOU, BROCK, for creating the spark.

So, let's clean up this Island of ours SO OUR WATER IS GOOD FOR THE NEXT 500 YEARS. I will certainly coordinate with both townships as well as affected organizations and individuals. I'm pretty good at herding cats.

It will take about 100 years, so we'd better get going. It will require volunteers and businesses to do the following:
* Hauling
* Testing
* Writing
* Bookkeeping
* Gathering
* Data base creation and management
* Persuading
* Research
* Celebrating

I think we can start on the database as soon as one or two people volunteer to create it. After that, maintaining it could be spread over several people. If you will help with any of the above tasks, please text me at 231-448-2035 (yes, that's my cell #), or email me at barbstemrahn@gmail.com.

BTW, Sally Stebbins suggested last night that this effort could be called "Joe's Junk ". I like it!
Last edited by BeanieBeanstalk on Mon Dec 14, 2020 5:54 am, edited 1 time in total.
KateL

Re: Go Ahead. DIS ME. GET-IN-MY-FACE!

Post by KateL »

Love the energy you are bringing to this effort. I can definitely help with database creation and management and the bookkeeping or logistics research as well.
I also am a big fan of celebrating :)

Thanks,
BeanieBeanstalk

Re: Go Ahead. DIS ME. GET-IN-MY-FACE!

Post by BeanieBeanstalk »

Thank YOU, Kate. I'm a total doofus about databases. Never had to learn!