BIRHC Board Meeting Postponed

Open Discussion - for our Readers, Islanders, and Web Site Visitors alike. Discussion regarding any and all aspects of Beaver Island are welcome here. Also a place for general Beaver Island conversation and discussion.

Moderator: Gillespie

BI Rural Health Center

BIRHC Board Meeting Postponed

Post by BI Rural Health Center »

Due to the inability to achieve a quorum, the regularly scheduled BIRHC quarterly Board Meeting of September 15th must be postponed. A replacement date will be published as soon as determined.
BI Pirate

Re: BIRHC Board Meeting Postponed

Post by BI Pirate »

A public meeting quorum can be accomplished by phone. I say this only as a recommendation that based on the critical timing of Mr. Taylor's offer an abbreviated meeting could be called specifically for discussing and resolving the dentist issue. It's critical for the HC to act now. I will withhold my $500 pledge until I hear the date of the cancelled September HC meeting and a commitment to accept Mr. Taylor's offer. I am confident if the HC is committed to resolving this issue and we will hear from them very soon.
Skull&CrossBones
PScott

Post by PScott »

Just a few years ago, the rule for public meetings required video conferencing for purposes of a quorum and voting. This makes it a bit more of a challenge for some.
Trish Scott
Gillespie

Post by Gillespie »

It would certainly seem that this board could get together, without question, when a generous offer like Mr. Taylor's is on the table. Canceling a meeting more than a week before it is to be held seems a bit odd!
BI Pirate

Post by BI Pirate »

If a one eyed pirate who still struggles to reset digital clocks or program a VCR but can master FaceTime and Skype, I'm sure the HC Board could conduct a short remote meeting on such a critical issue if they chose to hold it. :roll: :roll: :roll:
Skull&CrossBones
islandliving

Post by islandliving »

What a horrible thing!!!

Islandiving
islandliving

Post by islandliving »

I think the Island might sink soon if we don’t get a dentist here soon!!!

John McCafferty, aka as Islandliving, Islandiving,

Need a new person on the forum. Islanddentist!!
K.D. McBride

Post by K.D. McBride »

John -
You were obviously against one township for the Island and convinced others of the same. Now against having a dentist replacement and Ken's funding. Fine with the BIRHC's handling of the lack of a dentist for over a year and trying to convince others of the same. My concern is how is the Island going to attract visitors, new residents, summer residents, business investment, grow and prosper without the changes and services people need? If you have a plan, please share it. Living in the past will not bring a brighter future.

Much easier to take shots at Ken than be part of the positive change that is needed.
Kirk D. McBride
Mrsdpirate

Post by Mrsdpirate »

McBride sure loves his word twisting! BIPPIE and I love jamming to good old Chuck Berry and doing the twist too. Another song that comes to mind is "here we go again". :roll: :roll: :roll:
islandliving

Post by islandliving »

Kirk, maybe you didn't follow the post so well but I didn't even make a comment at all until Ken created a fake name to make it look like I was attacking a good friend of mine. I also don't see where I said I was against an Island dentist or Ken's funding. Are you assuming? Yes I was totally against consolidation and fought long and hard against it. I wonder if we could find some records of how many Island Residents actuality used the former Island dentist? I do not think that the fact the townships have to make sure there is a dentist on the Island is right. How that got voted in is a mystery to me? Was it snuck in similar to the consolidation attempt? I am not against an Island dentist. I will not use an Island dentist because I am happy with mine on the mainland. What I am against is people crying and bitching about it. I support Taylor's funding, just not the game playing. John McCafferty
Gillespie

Post by Gillespie »

The game playing is not on Taylor’s side of the debate.