Internet Outage and WVBI

Open Discussion - for our Readers, Islanders, and Web Site Visitors alike. Discussion regarding any and all aspects of Beaver Island are welcome here. Also a place for general Beaver Island conversation and discussion.

Moderator: Gillespie

WVBI

Internet Outage and WVBI

Post by WVBI »

As those on the island know, we've now been without internet service island-wide for more than 24 hours. While we remain on the air at 100.1 on the island, we are unable to deliver our programming to the internet until service is restored. WVBI has contacted TDS in an effort to learn what is causing the outage and when service might be restored, but TDS has not responded to our inquiry. Information on the TDS website suggests they may be suffering an outage that is affecting areas beyond Beaver Island.

We will restore our internet broadcast as soon as we are able. In the meantime, we apologize for the interruption.
woody

Post by woody »

Thanks for the info.
WVBI

Internet Service Restrored

Post by WVBI »

It appears that our internet service (at least at the Community Center, but likely all over the island) has been restored. We've restarted our audio streams. You may need to reset your audio player or receiver to start receiving the stream.

We still have no response from TDS HQ to our inquiries about the cause of this outage or what is being done to assure it does not recur.

For those who might be interested, our network monitoring equipment shows that this outage lasted from 12:34 yesterday afternoon until 3:08 p.m. today.
capncinde

Assured discount from TDS

Post by capncinde »

TDS representatives assured me, personally on the phone that I would be credited on my next bill for this outtage...LOL