Thank you!

Open Discussion - for our Readers, Islanders, and Web Site Visitors alike. Discussion regarding any and all aspects of Beaver Island are welcome here. Also a place for general Beaver Island conversation and discussion.

Moderator: Gillespie

Tessa Jones

Thank you!

Post by Tessa Jones »

On behalf of the Teen Advisory Board, I would like to thank everyone who came to the cook-out tonight and thank you to those who donated money, time, and food. We really appreciate what you all did. It was a great turn-out. We made over $1100 total, and $880 of that is going to the Ellen Welke Memorial Fund. It is amazing what the Beaver Island community can do. I hope everyone had a great time and maybe we can do it again next year!

I would also like to thank the businesses that donated resources to help us put together this event.

Thank you!
Tessa Jones
BICS Student
IrishStew

Post by IrishStew »

All of us on the island are proud of our students who took the initiative to support this important service. I know McDonoughs provided a lot of support also. Let's make this a tradition for those in need.
Steve
lindawearn

Post by lindawearn »

Congratulations to the Teen Advisory Board on your organizing the successful community picnic and raising money for the Ellen Welke Fund. It was a really nice event.
allen.becky3

Post by allen.becky3 »

Congrats! We had a great time too!