Holy Cross Church Chimes

Open Discussion - for our Readers, Islanders, and Web Site Visitors alike. Discussion regarding any and all aspects of Beaver Island are welcome here. Also a place for general Beaver Island conversation and discussion.

Moderator: Gillespie

Nuge

Holy Cross Church Chimes

Post by Nuge »

It appears that a lightning strike has taken out our Church bells! I have been working with a technician at Chime Master for our Carillon System, and I am confident that we are on the right track for repair.

The software control unit has been disrupted, and it must be sent to them for re-programming. After the routine of "to and from shipping" with Beaver Island logistics, I expect that the chimes will be back in operation in about a week.

Stay tuned!
Patrick
nancyls35@hotmail.com

Post by nancyls35@hotmail.com »

Thanks Pat for letting us know about the chimes. I was wondering what happened to them. Sitting on my deck and listening to the music at 6:00 is the highlight of my day!
Nancy Sommer
pam moxham

Post by pam moxham »

thanks pat for the update.....I've been walking around with "the church bell chimed and it rang 29 times for each man on the ........"playing in my head for at least a week before I asked about the bells.....ready for a new tune.
I've ALMOST resorted to wearing a watch (gasp!)....b/n new boat arr &departures... no hourly bell chime and rain/fog hampering some flight times..it's been a challenge to pay attn. and git where I'm supposed to be WHEN i'm supposed to be there...
waffling aside.....thanks pat for the update