Are you looking to make a few extra dollars?

Open Discussion - for our Readers, Islanders, and Web Site Visitors alike. Discussion regarding any and all aspects of Beaver Island are welcome here. Also a place for general Beaver Island conversation and discussion.

Moderator: Gillespie

E. Naranjo

Are you looking to make a few extra dollars?

Post by E. Naranjo »

Before moving to Beaver Island we started a small family operated business called Family Salvage llc. After three years we were able to earn enough money to lease a house here that we have since moved into. Some of our primary interests are living off of the land by heating with wood, organic gardening, and building simple water purification devices. These things are fun to do and we hope to help others that have similar interests, however, we are not looking to profit from any of those ideas, which has lead me to the idea of conducting a brief survey. This survey will tell us whether or not to incorporate our business into our new life on Beaver Island. Question) Y or N; Would you be interested in selling any unwanted scrap metal items including but not limited to the following? Junk auto's, Old industrial equipment, Old air cond. units, Old batteries, Scrap copper, brass, aluminum etc. If we determine that there is a need for our services on this Island we would spend the next couple of years implementing a plan to process and remove all scrap materials in accordance with all local ordinances. Thank you for taking the time to read our post! Eric and Sanomalynn Naranjo
asilasun

Post by asilasun »

I don't live on the island-yet, but have purchased some land and would like to build in a few years. I wanted to let you know that there is support for reusing, and back-to-basics living. I intend to be as self and community reliant/supportive as possible, so I guess, I wanted to voice my encouragement where this endeavor is concerned.

Lisa
mbj

Support these guys

Post by mbj »

We had Eric and his wife take out our old old furnace last year. They are fantastic, hard-working, enthusiastic, and enterprising. We hope the Island residents will support them and embrace their business efforts. It's a great way to clean up some of the junk while helping a new endeavor.