Cell tower for your home

Open Discussion - for our Readers, Islanders, and Web Site Visitors alike. Discussion regarding any and all aspects of Beaver Island are welcome here. Also a place for general Beaver Island conversation and discussion.

Moderator: Gillespie

Batman

Cell tower for your home

Post by Batman »

I just got one of these for my son at college he didn't have signal in his dorm room AT&T made this microcell that hooks up to the internet And give your house cell coverage up to 5000 square feet from it and it's 3G Coverage they have made this to take some heat off the network and I thought some people on the island might be interested in it. it's like having a cell tower in your house and up to 4 cell phones can use it at once the price is 150.00 and when the cell towers go out or if you don't have cell service you could still get it at your home as long as you have high speed internet just thought some people might be interested in it here is the website check it out http://www.wireless.att.com/learn/why/3gmicrocell/
JohnAckermann

Post by JohnAckermann »

Our new house in Georgia has terrible AT&T coverage and we got one of these microcells a few weeks ago. So far I have mixed feelings -- we get several bars of signal within the house, but data connections still seem to be very slow and voice sometimes gets choppy.

I'm going to bring it along on our next visit to the island, so it'll be interesting to see how it works there.
E T

Post by E T »

The Micro Cell does work for me at my home on Beaver Island. The quality depends on the speed of your internet. When I got mine I was advised if it did not work I could return it--I still have it.
Ed Troutman
38280 Beaver Drive
Beaver Island, Michigan 49782