Many Things

Open Discussion - for our Readers, Islanders, and Web Site Visitors alike. Discussion regarding any and all aspects of Beaver Island are welcome here. Also a place for general Beaver Island conversation and discussion.

Moderator: Gillespie

Rich

Many Things

Post by Rich »

In recent months or even years there have been many things that have occurred that I would like to see feedback on. The range is huge, from the actions of the Egg Lake Seven, the devisive and illegal action of the Peaine Township Planning Commission combined with the pitiful actions of very selfish property owners who only recognize themselves and not the rights of others over something so simple as a property owners right to mine gravel (or in laymens terms, dig a hole on their property), to the potential institution of environmental "overlays" on property whether a home exists on that property or not to issues no matter what they may be from garbage collection to transportation, from dusty roads to pavement, whatever it may be, let's put this thing in gear and get it out and get it right. Just remember, the Constitution of the United States of America is what made this country the most progressive and powerful nation in the history of the world. As a sometimes moderator in this forum, my postition will follow constitutional ideals and not "what's best for me" ideals. Never in my life have I ever looked over the fence and said, "I think Mr. ----- should do this or that", I was taught that you lived on your property and did unto your neighbor as you would do to them. So............... let's begin, anyone care to pick the first topic?? :?
BERNIE

Post by BERNIE »

:? PLEASE EXCUSE MY IGNORANCE OF THE ISLAND'S IN'S AND OUTS. WHO OR WHAT IS THE EGG LAKE SEVEN AND SINCE WHEN IS IT WRONG TO DIG A HOLE ON YOUR OWN LAND? COLOR ME CONFUSED IN GRAND RAPIDS
John

Response to a Bernie Question

Post by John »

Bernie, the Egg Lake Seven is an omelet. As far as the rest of it goes, I'm with you. I think Richard needs to provide a little background. Holes? They're things you can't get out of, whether you own them or not.
Fr. Gabe

The Golden Rule

Post by Fr. Gabe »

Rich,

Do you really mean "DID UNTO OTHERS AS YOU WOULD DO UNTO THEM?
Let's do unto others as we would have them do unto us. :(
EA Corp. (WiLL)

Not worth posting really filling in a big hole hehe.

Post by EA Corp. (WiLL) »

I think the Booze is talking. :lol: :roll: :P
WiLL

You sure it was me..

Post by WiLL »

So your sure it was me Posting above. I get accused of alot :}

Post by Guest »

BERNIE wrote::? PLEASE EXCUSE MY IGNORANCE OF THE ISLAND'S IN'S AND OUTS. WHO OR WHAT IS THE EGG LAKE SEVEN AND SINCE WHEN IS IT WRONG TO DIG A HOLE ON YOUR OWN LAND? COLOR ME CONFUSED IN GRAND RAPIDS
Tim

?

Post by Tim »

Haven't we already been over this stuff last year on this forum? Someone wasn't given a permit to dig gravel, other property owners didn't want it there, etc. If you want to hash it out, tell the whole story or leave it lie. And don't those other land owners have rights too?
Michael O'Brien

Many Things

Post by Michael O'Brien »

I haven't been to the island for many many years. I found this forum awhile back. My favorite place to go when I would get off the boat was Dick LaFreniere's store. I was told awhile back that it isn't there anymore. Does anyone know what happen?

Post by guest »

Michael...check out this link: http://pabi.beaverisland.net/
The old store is being renovated.

many things

Post by guest »

I heard a gravel pit is going there. I feel sorry for the old timers that come back home and some of the land marks are gone. You can see it there eyes.