Mirco housing

Open Discussion - for our Readers, Islanders, and Web Site Visitors alike. Discussion regarding any and all aspects of Beaver Island are welcome here. Also a place for general Beaver Island conversation and discussion.

Moderator: Gillespie

BI Pirate

Re: Mirco housing

Post by BI Pirate »

Call me nuts but the tiny lots on the back side of Donegal Bay, Allen's Lakeview Road, are prime for low investment development. Where else in Michigan can you have an inexpensive home within walking distance of a pristine beach? The island needs an injection for economic development. I would think island builders and developers would jump at the opportunity. We are starting to see the interest for micro homes in the Keys. =D> =D> =D>
Skull&CrossBones
conanconnor

Post by conanconnor »

I am getting ready to build a very small portable one that will fit in my truck, but can be removed and used as a tiny cabin. it will be more like a small camper. I have been sketching up my building plans and how I would like to arrange it. I hope within the next year to purchase another 20' trailer to build a full size portable tiny house on again. one with a fully fictional bathroom is my plan. I have been looking up designs on and different set ups.
King Conan
BI Pirate

Post by BI Pirate »

A great idea. Buy a PSJ lot of a grand, clear some trees, back it in and you've got an affordable dream cottage on or near Lake Michigan. =D> =D> =D>
Skull&CrossBones
stardust

Post by stardust »

Maybe its time to test the port of St James HOA and township go with the build it and they come ( Its not a micro home its just a really big storage shed with a loft, windows, porch and a door) and whats the worst thing they could do sue me HAHAHA