4th of July Watergun andWaterballoon Melee

Open Discussion - for our Readers, Islanders, and Web Site Visitors alike. Discussion regarding any and all aspects of Beaver Island are welcome here. Also a place for general Beaver Island conversation and discussion.

Moderator: Gillespie

kara wasylewski

Township supervisor

Post by kara wasylewski »

one route for the parade issue would be to request that the township enact an ordinance prohibiting water balloons or water guns at the parade. If the ordinance was inacted, the township officials would then have to request that the island deputies enforce this ordinance. the township can set the penalty within reason for violators. This may be an option but one would have to ask.
kpw
Madjra

Post by Madjra »

Hello everyone,

I visited BI last year for the week of 4th of July and I had a great time. My kids have not stopped talking about it and cannot wait to get back. The kids had a great time at the parade and really liked the water balloon fight. I totally understand that some people donâ??t want to get soaked and should not have to dodge balloons and super soakers just to enjoy themselves. I suggest that maybe you should organize a 4th of July Water gun and Water balloon Melee outside of the parade.