Robert Jewell Gillespie-RIP

Open Discussion - for our Readers, Islanders, and Web Site Visitors alike. Discussion regarding any and all aspects of Beaver Island are welcome here. Also a place for general Beaver Island conversation and discussion.

Moderator: Gillespie

Gillespie

Robert Jewell Gillespie-RIP

Post by Gillespie »

With great regret this post is to announce the passing of Lisa's husband, Cody's dad and our brother Robert Jewell Gillespie last evening from complications during surgery. It should be noted also that this amazing man leaves behind hundreds of friends and relatives and a legacy that will be hard to match! Funeral details are being worked out tentatively for Saturday the 18th pending the many details. Updates will be posted here when they become available. Godspeed dear brother!!
cindyr

Post by cindyr »

so sorry my heart goes out to you and your family, signed john runberg
Cindy
Trish Scott

Post by Trish Scott »

I am so very sorry for the loss of this wonderful husband, father and brother. My heart goes out to all of you.
jacquel

Post by jacquel »

So sorry to hear of his passing. Prayers are with all of his family and friends.

Jacque and Mark
Phyllis Moore

Post by Phyllis Moore »

So incredibly sorry. Robert will be sorely missed by so many. Thoughts and prayers for Lisa, Cody, and all of Robert's family.
Diane Sowa

Post by Diane Sowa »

So sorry Ritchie. Condolences to you and your family.
Diane
caram

Post by caram »

My condolences to all the Gillespies at this difficult time.
Jim

Post by Jim »

Richie and the Gillespie family.

Please accept our condolences and regrets for the loss of Robert. He was in deed a remarkable man, with many friends. He will be missed.

Jim and Donna Stambaugh
cindyr

Post by cindyr »

Oh, so very sorry to hear this sad news. Robert was always one of my favorite customers in the restaurant, always teasing me about my lengthy descriptions of the specials, telling me to "just get to the point!" My sympathy to Lisa and all of his family.
Cindy
joddy

Post by joddy »

Having just returned to the island from a trip to the "U.S.", I am saddened to hear of Roberts passing. On behalf of my family, Beth, Stryder, Saygan and myself, I would like to extend our love and prayers to Lisa, Cody, and the entire Gillespie family. Robert will certainly be an island force that will be missed by all who knew him. Again, "We" send our love to Lisa, Cody, the entire Gillespie family and all who know and love Robert.
Dave Rice

Robert

Post by Dave Rice »

So so sad.....Rest in peace my friend.....you will be missed.

Dave & Sally
stardust

Sorry for you loss

Post by stardust »

Our deepest condolences to you and your Family i am sure he will be missed by all who knew him
Mark

Post by Mark »

Keeping a good thought for Richie and the entire extended Gillespie family. Like everyone else, I have a couple Robert stories I'll never forget. The island has lost another giant.
Dick and Amy

Post by Dick and Amy »

We'll all miss you Robert; you were a virtual "Jewell"
sbsp

Post by sbsp »

Saddened to hear the news. Keeping the entire family in our thoughts. The Gillespie name is a foundation of Beaver Island and Robert will be sorely missed by all. Hopefully in time, stories and memories will replace the sorrow of a loss with smiles that will ease the pain.

With Sadness - Kirk & Judy McBride
Kirk