Rodney Nackerman RIP

Open Discussion - for our Readers, Islanders, and Web Site Visitors alike. Discussion regarding any and all aspects of Beaver Island are welcome here. Also a place for general Beaver Island conversation and discussion.

Moderator: Gillespie

Marie LaFreniere

Rodney Nackerman RIP

Post by Marie LaFreniere »

Rod died early this morning.

Rod's parents were Frank and Grace Nackerman. Frank was our Postmaster for many years and the Post Office building still belongs to the family. They also have the Centennial Farm on Barney's Lake Road aka Darkey Town Road.

Rod was very involved in the Museum and I'm sure many of you visitors know him from there.

Rod will be greatly missed here on the island and my love and prayers go out to his family..

More information will be posted as it becomes available. Funeral arrangements are pending at this time.
Jeff

Post by Jeff »

Very very sorry to hear this news. He was the best neighbor and a really good friend to our family. Thoughts with his family.
cindyr

Post by cindyr »

Oh, so sad! What a lovely, kind and generous man he was...I'll miss his friendly smile. My sincere sympathy to all of his family.
Cindy
Beaver Island Gardens

Post by Beaver Island Gardens »

Very sad news this wintery morning. My condolences to the family. I picture he is tending to his wife and all their flowers together at last. :cry:
BI Pirate

Post by BI Pirate »

A true gentleman in every sense, one of Beaver Island's finest. He will be missed by many, a true tribute to a fine person.
Skull&CrossBones
Sheri Timsak

Post by Sheri Timsak »

One of the simplest and loveliest men I have ever known. Thoughts and prayers to the family! God speed Rod!
Andy's Grooming Barn

Post by Andy's Grooming Barn »

So sorry to hear this. What a great man and nice neighbor. We will miss him.
Andy Kohls
Andy's Grooming and Boarding Barn
Pam Grassmick

Post by Pam Grassmick »

Beaver Island and Rod's family have lost a champion. Rod was a faith-filled gentleman and his eyes always twinkled when talking about the island. Our thoughts and prayers are with his family.

Pam and Brad Grassmick
AMVETS POST 46

Post by AMVETS POST 46 »

Another veteran that will be missed. Rod was always in attendance at our meetings, AMVETS events and he spent hours helping with the landscape work at the Veterans Memorial Park, just a great person.

Bob Tidmore
AMVETS POST 46
BOX 319
BEAVER ISLAND, MI 49782
amvetspost46@yahoo.com
jacquel

Post by jacquel »

I shall surely miss sharing books with him. We enjoyed "exploring" the polar regions via our armchairs. What a wonderful man, friend, he was. We'll miss you Rod.

Jacque
Lois Sowa Stipp

Post by Lois Sowa Stipp »

A true kind and gentle soul. I will miss him, dearly. Sending prayers to his family.
Lois Sowa Stipp
sbsp

Post by sbsp »

Rod had a love for people, a kind soul and Beaver Island's finest ambassador. Go in peace knowing your life was well lived.

Kirk
Chamber of Commerce

Post by Chamber of Commerce »

Respected Member

Ron Nackerman served for many years as a director and volunteer for the Beaver Island Chamber of Commerce. He earned the love, admiration and respect of everyone he worked with. The friendly wisdom of this true gentleman will be missed.

Rachel Teague, Pres
Diane McDonough, VP
Steve West, Exec Director
Chamber of Commerce
www.BeaverIsland.org
Chamber@BeaverIsland.org
(231) 448-2505
joddy

Post by joddy »

to all, and i do mean ALL of rod's family and friends i tell you that he will live long in mine and my family's hearts!!! happy trails my dear friend ~~ until we meet again ~~~~~~
love ~ beth ~ stryder ~ saygan ~ and joddy
E T

Post by E T »

Rod was truly one of the finest gentleman I have ever had the pleasure to meet and spend time with. He will truly be missed by his family, by his neighbors, by the permanent and seasonal residents of the Island and especially by the visitors he so welcomed to the Island. Linda and my thoughts and prayers are with his family.
Ed Troutman
38280 Beaver Drive
Beaver Island, Michigan 49782