Beaver Queen

Open Discussion - for our Readers, Islanders, and Web Site Visitors alike. Discussion regarding any and all aspects of Beaver Island are welcome here. Also a place for general Beaver Island conversation and discussion.

Moderator: Gillespie

South Shore

Beaver Queen

Post by South Shore »

Anyone know if the Beaver Queen is for sale? Interested in snapping her up! I know she's still around, but I can't recall who owns her these days.
Sean Whelan
Gillespie

Post by Gillespie »

Are you referring to the houseboat?
South Shore

Post by South Shore »

Yes- she used to be docked in front of the Gallagher family house under the ownership of the Verticans. I'm know she remained on the island after they sold her, but not sure who picked her up. Would be a great boat to have! Thanks-
Sean Whelan
Gillespie

Post by Gillespie »

Donald Cole has it, 231-448-2310.
South Shore

Post by South Shore »

Haven't gotten through to Don... anyone know his status on her... willing to part or keep her? thanks!
Sean Whelan
medic5740

Houseboat

Post by medic5740 »

I saw this houseboat being towed out of town this past summer. I'm not sure, but I think I saw it down at the CMU Biological Station while out on one of my trips around the Island. I'm not sure about this, but I also heard that CMU owns the houseboat now.

Joe Moore
Gillespie

Post by Gillespie »

Joe. That's not the Beaver Queen, thats the one that the guy who owned the Coast Guard boat house owned, right? The Beaver Queen was owned by Dan Higdon for a time and then Donald Cole, or am I crazy, which wouldn't be the first time!!!!?
Rose Cole

Beaver Queen

Post by Rose Cole »

Yes, the Beaver Queen is still on the Island. It sits in my back yard. Donald Cole is the owner of the house boat. You haven't been able to reach him at the number you were given because he has moved. His new number is 231-448-2002, if he isn't there, you can leave a message with his wife, Sharon. Otherwise, contact his son Brian at 231-448-2059.
Rose Cole