Grand Rapids Party Great Success

Open Discussion - for our Readers, Islanders, and Web Site Visitors alike. Discussion regarding any and all aspects of Beaver Island are welcome here. Also a place for general Beaver Island conversation and discussion.

Moderator: Gillespie

megsing3

Grand Rapids Party Great Success

Post by megsing3 »

It was so great to see everyone. I hope everyone found what went missing (with help from super awesome people and keen detective work). It is such a great time of year to get together with Beaver Island/Arranmore peeps/Grand Rapids/wherever friends. It was good to see all of the new faces, too - especially the very tiny faces. Come back, now!
Most people would say that the whole weekend was a party. Certainly a reunion which will hold us over for a while. YikeS!
The driving to Chicago was not as bad as predicted, at least at around 4:00 Sunday. I hope that everyone has made or is making it home safely.
I am super happy to have won big time! And the winner of the one year subscription to the Beaver Beacon goes to... You know it! Thanks to everyone who worked to put the Grand Rapids Celebration of 2007 together. Superior organization. And thanks to the Hilton, of course, and Excell Inn, of course. I'd like to thank everyone who has made this possible, and congrats to all the other winners.
Enjoy the rest of the quiet season.
Megan Tuohy
Shirley Cole

Post by Shirley Cole »

Glad you made it home safely, Meg! Also hoping others arrived at their destinations without any difficulty as well. On behalf of the BICGR, we would like to thank everyone for their support this year. Although attendance was down due to the weather, we still made enough to cover our costs and still have $$$ to contribute back to the BI community. Please keep an eye on our website at www.beaverislandclub.com for further details/pics/particulars. I'm going to post a separate topic for feedback relative to a possible change in party dates, and hope everyone who typically attends these functions will respond as requested. This does not mean that any change will necessarily take place; the BICGR is just interested in receiving feedback for the variety of reasons listed in that post. Again, thanks to everyone for their continued support, and check back on our website later next week for updated info about the party! ~ :D
Linda

Post by Linda »

Getting to enjoy Beaver Island music both Friday and Saturday nights was definitely a great time! Thanks to the GR Club and the folks who helped out on Saturday with tickets, raffles, etc. I'm looking forward to next year. :D

Linda Wearn
Sheri Timsak

Post by Sheri Timsak »

Since this was my first time to the big event in Grand Rapids (thanks to Jerry and Marie LaFreniere - who let me stowaway in their car) - i would just like to say "wow" !!! After many years of planning parties here in the island for the fire department i can really appreciate all the hard work done by the Beaver Island Club of Grand Rapids - they are small but they are mighty- had a great time listening to the music and talking to people that i don't get to talk to in the summer. Also thanks to the club- especially Paul, Shirley and Diane for helping get me set up to sell my cds. Only sold 9 but maybe more next year- gonna talk the hubby into coming with me next year and make a getaway weekend for us, whether it is in the February or November. You all deserve a rest after what you did. Awesome job!! Congrats on your third generation member too!!!!
Sheri :D
Shirley Cole

Post by Shirley Cole »

Thanks for your kind words, Sherri, and glad you enjoyed the party! I'm just sorry your sales weren't better, and that things got so carried away that the band forgot to have you come up and sing us a tune! I know they felt badly about that, as did the club. We want to encourage island music and culture, and that's why the club welcomes independent sales at these events (i.e. Ed Palmers cd's, Home on the Island dvd's, etc.). These parties are definitely turning into weekend adventures what with the Friday night festivities and Saturday celebration, so get Joe on board and we'll look forward to seeing you both next year! :lol: