News on the Net Staying

Open Discussion - for our Readers, Islanders, and Web Site Visitors alike. Discussion regarding any and all aspects of Beaver Island are welcome here. Also a place for general Beaver Island conversation and discussion.

Moderator: Gillespie

beckyg24

News on the Net Staying

Post by beckyg24 »

I am soooo very happy to see that Joe has stepped in to help Phyllis and keep this website up and running. I am happy to know that I will be able to click on anyday and see up to the date news about the island. Thank you so much for allowing us islanders who have moved from home to keep up on the news.

Becky Gerace (LaFreniere)
Jeff

Post by Jeff »

Great news!
Kris S.

New on the 'Net

Post by Kris S. »

REALLY great news! :D
"The trouble with the rat race is, even if you win, you're still a rat." --Lily Tomlin
nancy

Post by nancy »

I agree! Thanks to Joe helping Phyllis with the web site. I would be lost without it -- especially when I'm not on the island and need my "dose" of Beaver Island!!

Nancy Peterson
www.beaverislandjewelry.com
medic5740

News on the 'Net

Post by medic5740 »

Jeff,

I would like you to know that your former teacher is probably going to be asking you more questions than you ever asked me. I never realized how much work this website work was. I only stepped in when I thought we were going to lose something that even I had grown to love over the years.

By the way--Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays to everyone!

Joe Moore
T. Scott

Post by T. Scott »

Joe,

I am really enjoying your writing. Thanks for rescuing this wonderful service.

Trish Scott
medic5740

First Electronic Issue Out

Post by medic5740 »

I managed to get the first electronic issue out on Monday, even though it was Christmas Day. I'll try to do the same thing on New Year's Day.

I can't imagine anyone getting the weekly news for 80 cents per week with not one advertisement so far. If we get enough subscribers, we won't have to put ads on the site.

It was a lot of work, but fun, too.

Joe Moore