Island Airways Labor Day Special

Open Discussion - for our Readers, Islanders, and Web Site Visitors alike. Discussion regarding any and all aspects of Beaver Island are welcome here. Also a place for general Beaver Island conversation and discussion.

Moderator: Gillespie

IslandAirways1

Post by IslandAirways1 »

Island Airways is proud to be celebrating it's 61 years of service by offering Beaver Islanders our $61 adult round trip special. Thursday August 31 through Tuesday September 5, $61 adult round trip tickets may be purchased at both Welke and Charlevoix Municipal Airports. This offer is limited to one adult round trip ticket per person and do not have to be used during the holiday weekend. Families may purchase one ticket per family member but this offer may not be used when purchasing booklets of ten tickets. Friday September 1 we invited you to join us at the Charlevoix Municipal Airport for hot dogs, chips and hourly raffle drawings. We will also have a hot dog cookout at Welke Airport on Monday September 4. Please contact our staff with any questions...and as always...Thank you for flying Island Airways! :D
Kim Connaghan

Post by Kim Connaghan »

I was a kid when we flew with Joe McPhillips and remember Island Airways starting up.I'm only 43.Am I the only one wondering where the 61 years comes from?
IslandAirways1

61 Years...

Post by IslandAirways1 »

Excellent question! Although we are known as Island Airways, we are in effect McPhillips Flying Service D.B.A. Island Airways. McPhillips Flying Service was established in 1945 and merged with Welke Aviation to create Island Airways in the mid 1980's.
Crazy Charlie

WOW

Post by Crazy Charlie »

An airfare sale to BI!!! What a great example re: the power of competition!

I love it!!

CC