2nd Annual Beaver Island Vintage Vehicle Show

Open Discussion - for our Readers, Islanders, and Web Site Visitors alike. Discussion regarding any and all aspects of Beaver Island are welcome here. Also a place for general Beaver Island conversation and discussion.

Moderator: Gillespie

PhilBecker

2nd Annual Beaver Island Vintage Vehicle Show

Post by PhilBecker »

Dickie McEvoy and I just want to be sure to remind everyone of his upcoming event, to be held on Homecoming Sunday, August 11th at the turnaround on Whiskey Point. This year we have St. James Township permission to close the road (at Lighthouse Point only) to allow for a better viewing environment for the public and more set-up freedom for participants.

Also new this year will be participant ribbons for all those who bring their vintage vehicle to show. All types of transportation are welcome..., cars, trucks, motorcycles, boats, tractors, bicycles, minibikes, snowmobiles..., just about anything old that moves under it's own power! No cut-off year is specified, doesn't matter how 'old' it really is, just more over, that it is cool.

Set-up time for participants is @12:30 p.m., with the show running from 1 to 2:30 p.m. There will then be a cruise after the show from the event through town and back. There is no fee for this event, but freewill donations will be accepted to defray costs, the balance going to a to-be-determined island charity.

Please direct any questions to Dick McEvoy 231-448-2799 or Phil Becker @231-448-2707. Thanks, and see you there!!
John Bolton

Post by John Bolton »

Dust off the Ural sidecar bike... and it doesn't start (which is typical).
I will have to push it, Will it still qualify as, " moving under its' own power?"
....and what about Little Red Wagons?
I saw a nice restored one there last year.....
antique baby carriage?
there was one of those, too
then there was the 1943 Swedish bicycle....
How about an old flatbed or hay wagon to haul all the "little entries" for the cruise?
How about ribbons for the oldest or the quirkiest entry?

Last year's event was a great surprise and good fun.

Bring them down folks, bring them ALL down.
If we do not all hang together,
we will all hang separately,
Ben Franklin
PhilBecker

Post by PhilBecker »

Yeah, I'd like to see all interesting 'conveyances' attend, John. Doesn't really matter whether they move under their own power or not, I sure won't be riding my vintage snowmobiles to the show. They'll just be trailered over again like last year, of course.

So if your Ural won't start, just tow it to the show with the Rumbleseat Ford A!
Rory Connaghan

Post by Rory Connaghan »

If you're on the island this Sunday be sure to check this show out. Don't forget the camera. :wink:
PhilBecker

Post by PhilBecker »

Thanks for the bump, Rory!

I am happy to include that the Beaver Island Animal Fund will be at the show providing bottled water and possibly some muchables for a donation to the fund. Costs to set the show up have turned out to be minimal, so any freewill donations can go also to the Animal Fund.

Get that old iron shined up, and we'll see you all on Sunday at The Point!
Gillespie

Post by Gillespie »

My 62 has a wheel bearing wart, who is going to provide a ambu-lance?