fishing on island and/or lake mi.

Open Discussion - for our Readers, Islanders, and Web Site Visitors alike. Discussion regarding any and all aspects of Beaver Island are welcome here. Also a place for general Beaver Island conversation and discussion.

Moderator: Gillespie

samadam1

fishing on island and/or lake mi.

Post by samadam1 »

Hi,

My family and I will be vacationing at the end of July. We have been here several times but have never fished. Any helpful fishing tips, etc. would be appreciated. My boys are 7 and 11 .

Thanks,

:-) :-) :-)

Simeon Baker
Chamber of Commerce

Fishing

Post by Chamber of Commerce »

Chamber of Commerce
www.beaverisland.org
231 448-2505
chamber@biip.net

Inland lakes offer GREAT fishing!
Fremont Middle School

Post by Fremont Middle School »

I fished Fox lake last week and caught bluegill and Largemouth Bass. In front of the cabins across from the landing.
Linda Gallagher

Fishing Beaver Island

Post by Linda Gallagher »

If I were fishing Beaver Island in the summer, (wish I were), I'd bring a boat or rent one and try every public lake on the island.

Largemouth bass and BIG bluegills in shallow Font, bluegills, pike and bass on Fox, walleye, lots of them thanks to the work of the Beaver Island Wildlife Club and their nurturing pond, on Geneserath, the fishing is great! Bass and bluegill on Geneserath, too.

Next lake I'd like to try is Green's Lake, we were down in that area this spring and it looked awesome for bass and bluegill, maybe pike, too.

Offshore fishing for steelhead and salmon should be happening at that time, too.
Linda