Reminder time!

Open Discussion - for our Readers, Islanders, and Web Site Visitors alike. Discussion regarding any and all aspects of Beaver Island are welcome here. Also a place for general Beaver Island conversation and discussion.

Moderator: Gillespie

Gillespie

Reminder time!

Post by Gillespie »

People, let's keep the rhetoric to an at least modest pace. When you start defaming people by name and using unconfirmed facts and points I think it gets a little over the top. There were 2 known posters of the 8 or so on the NI topic. Whomever they are need to start using their name or identify themselves or hit the bricks. It is beyond me why we are forced to do this when we are all supposed to be adults. For the record there are a LOT of things that are or have been done here that we would like to see or have seen done differently but everyone pulls together too late, seems like politics in larger areas. So, again, a reminder, keep it at least reasonable and no more posting using made up names unless you identify yourself. Pirate, you are on the edge of the plank too!
sbsp

Post by sbsp »

Rich -
If it prevents censorship, I will claim all un-named Avatars. It might be good if one looks up the word Avatar which is what the Forum requires for identification. An Avatar is an Avatar, so let it be me.

Kirk D. McBride
nancyls35@hotmail.com

Post by nancyls35@hotmail.com »

We all well aware that Bill won the election fair and square by a mere 4 votes. That tells me that both candidates have their own following. However, it is very common for candidates in such a close election to pursue a write-in campaign, especially if many, many supporters feel that candidate is more qualified for the job. If they win, it will certainly be "fair and square". That was also a nasty and uncalled for comment about Richie up for relelction. That alone pushed me off the fence about you guys. As far as you and Kirk asssuming the identity for these unknown posters....... WHAT? Are you nuts? Just making that comment causes you two to lose all credibility in my book.
Nancy Sommer
sbsp

Post by sbsp »

Unless otherwise claimed I am Avatar: kylee1972

Kirk D. McBride
sbsp

Post by sbsp »

Nancy -
You are correct that I maybe nuts :wink:
Happy retirement, it's a great club to belong to.
Look at the Membership List for the Forum and if you are like me, you cann't identify half the names on there. I will be happy to claim all of them starting with "kylee1972" unless the real person comes forward.

Kirk D. McBride
Last edited by sbsp on Thu Aug 30, 2012 6:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
sbsp

Post by sbsp »

Oh darn, kylee1972, just got purged from the Membership List, it's working already.

Kirk D. McBride
Mike Green

Post by Mike Green »

Ken have you ever posted under another name on this forum?
Gillespie

Post by Gillespie »

Good God!!! I remember my mother and father trying to filter debates amongst their highly strung children to a point where someones head did not go through the drywall of a newly remodeled room................well it did happen but, I don't understand how people posting rhetoric on this site I have promoted for years as an advocacy for Beaver Island, my birth place, feel it is a place for disrespect of your fellow man and taking pot shots at people who may have felt they tried their best.........this site is to promote our community and our fellowship, not to tear it apart. I would say to each and every one that reads this that my own relatives including a person that I used to call best friend may have let us down for a long time, but that was ignored over a perceived ideology and selfishness of this person who should be ashamed for leading people in the wrong direction........enough of that; but, if you want to discuss these issues openly and freely, lets do it, if you want to pretend that we have made progress in the last 30+ years I can attest to, show me? The biggest thing I have ever been witness to was done almost single handedly done by Gary Voogt, anyone who thinks differently is wrong, anyone who thinks anyone did more, is wrong! Gary got all of this done by telling those who should have been more participant in this (but they didn't know any better) was to nod when its time, and they did. BUT, he did not spec a lesser quality cement or road product, he did not say build an inferior mini sewage system, he trusted people to do their jobs and make their product, now he gets the blame, well, blame your politicians of the era, not the guy who made something happen! I will not discuss it here but you know how to find me.............bring lunch!
jflanagan

Post by jflanagan »

This is getting a little monotonous But, once again I have to agree with Ritchie.

Now, don't get me wrong. I like to hear the inside scoop on what goes on behind the scenes on BI. As a relative newcomer I don't hear too much gossip.

But... I am also here enough to appreciate the incredible community spirit on the island and the hospitality everyone is shown. I also appreciate the great beauty here and the sense of peace the island brings me.

Unfortunately, others who have never visited here or who just came over for a day-trip and who maybe using the forum to get a feel for the island maybe misled and think this is the Clampetts & McCoys.

I understand that people see the forum as an opportunity to "get the word out". And I don't think anyone would object if you posted a message saying the McCoys are meeting at the Big Rock to discuss a little party for the Clampetts.

Sorry, that was a little long.
James Flanagan
37700 Font View Ct. 4439 N. California
Beaver Island, Mi Chicago, Il
49782 60625
231-448-2109 773-463-5494
Trish Scott

Post by Trish Scott »

Playing the "blame game" is such a waste. Better to be part of constructing the future.