Second Annual Jimmy Buffet Buffett

Open Discussion - for our Readers, Islanders, and Web Site Visitors alike. Discussion regarding any and all aspects of Beaver Island are welcome here. Also a place for general Beaver Island conversation and discussion.

Moderator: Gillespie

LisaG

Second Annual Jimmy Buffet Buffett

Post by LisaG »

We were talking about planning a second annual J.B.B. and was wondering if people were interested in attending. It would be Sunday September 9th @ the Beaver Island Pavilion. Last year we started around 5:00 and went until Sunset. Everyone brought a snack to pass and their own beverage to drink and had a grand time! If you think we should do it again let me know by posting on the forum or Facebook. Thanks, Lisa 8)
Lisa Vance-Gillespie
Shirley Cole

Post by Shirley Cole »

Some of us Parrotheads can't make it back so soon after Labor Day. What about making it a new tradition for that holiday weekend instead since we don't have the marathon anymore? I would LOVE to look forward to that every year! I'll even bring my own frozen concoction maker! Would be a great way to close out a BI summer! :D
LisaG

Post by LisaG »

I will ask the fellow organizers if that weekend would work. A lot of times everyone use that Sunday for boating or are too worn out from the Summer to plan something so soon. :shock:
Lisa Vance-Gillespie
jrunberg

Post by jrunberg »

sounds like fun we didnt go last year but would try this time
JohnCull

Post by JohnCull »

Last time I went to a Jimmy Buffets event with Miss Shirley she was a bad girl
Hello old friend
Its nice to hear from you
Shirley Cole

Post by Shirley Cole »

Wish I could remember that concert... I think it was YOUR picnic plans and tailgating activities that clouds my recollection of events that night! I still owe Paul another show since listening to Jimmy from the back of a pickup truck all my himself in the parking lot wasn't much fun for him. With all your connections, John, you could bring Buffett to Beaver for a real beach blast! Get working on it! If you could pull that one off, I would give you a lifetime pass on any capers that might come your way.... :wink:

"Some people claim that there's a woman to blame... but I know.... it's my own damn fault!!!" :P
BI Pirate

Post by BI Pirate »

We could hold it over here on Whiskey Island this year, what happens on Whiskey Island stays on Whiskey.

Skull&CrossBones
Trish Scott

Post by Trish Scott »

Dumb question here...BI Pirate, you live on Whiskey? WI Pirate then?
BI Pirate

Post by BI Pirate »

Not a dumb question at all. I lived for years and years and years on Beaver but got chased off so went to Whiskey Island, there are some who now want to chase me off Whiskey but 'not leaving'. There are too many skeletons for me to return to Beaver. I only like to slip over there when the rum flows or Beans plays.
Besides, everyone knows where Beaver Island is but few know where Whiskey Island is and that is kind of nice.
If I was the WI Pirate, people would think I was the Wisconsin Pirate.
Come see me sometime.

Skull&CrossBones
BI Pirate

Post by BI Pirate »

Yes, I meant years and years and years. I helped Father Baraga pull his canoe ashore, welcomed the Irish to the island, helped Strang bury his gold (be damned if I can remember where), watched Strang get chased off the island, watched the Irish come back, saw the fishing and lumbering boom & bust and lots, lots more.
All that and I have never been invited to the 4th of July parade. That's why I love Whiskey Island but will always remain a Beaver Island (BI) Pirate.

Skull&CrossBones
John Bolton

Post by John Bolton »

You are truly " A legend in your own mind"
the two times I landed on Whiskey so far this season.... it was deserted, except for the dead cormorants... perhaps you should at least pick up your shot gun shells. We picked up a bucket of them for proper disposal..
My advice, dear Bi pirate, spend more time actually on Whiskey, and less time on the rum.....
If we do not all hang together,
we will all hang separately,
Ben Franklin
BI Pirate

Post by BI Pirate »

Thanks for stopping by. Did you have rum with you? I never want to show myself for fear you have Fulp with you. Are you sure you put in at Rum Runner's Cove? I may have been in the Net Shak for happy hour. By the by, I never use a shot gun, only black powder muskets or my weapon of choice, a sword. I've had a bunch of idiots over here forever shooting and leaving their shells. Thanks for cleaning them up.

Skull&CrossBones
LisaG

Post by LisaG »

This year's Jimmy Buffet Buffett is going to be Sunday September 9th around 5:00 p.m. (Sorry Shirley, maybe you can make it if you can change some appointments around) Bring your good humor, crazy shirts & hats, a snack to pass, and what you want to drink. We will sit back and enjoy each others company and the sunset 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8)
Lisa Vance-Gillespie