Air Ambulance Update

Open Discussion - for our Readers, Islanders, and Web Site Visitors alike. Discussion regarding any and all aspects of Beaver Island are welcome here. Also a place for general Beaver Island conversation and discussion.

Moderator: Gillespie

Angel Welke

Air Ambulance Update

Post by Angel Welke »

Island Airways is an air ambulance!!!! We received our final FAA document this morning.

Also, we have found out that Gov. Snyder has signed SB 995 which provides relief from the $10 million insurance requirement.

Senator Howard Walker and Representative Greg MacMaster jointly sponsored SB 995 which is a bill designed to lower the state requirement of $10 million liability coverage to $2 million for air ambulance operations serving Beaver Island. This lowered requirement makes it affordable for Island Airways to provide this service for the residents and visitors of Beaver Island.

If you have any questions or would like to discuss the air ambulance process with us, please do not hesitate to contact us (231 448 2374 home or via e-mail at angel@islandairways.com). We are happy to discuss these very exciting developments or to answer questions.
Angel Welke

Post by Angel Welke »

Here is a link to the history of SB995 including today's updates showing it has been approved by the Governor and "assigned with immediate effect."

http://www.legislature.mi.gov/(S(g5fwuc45piz52b553ba5fq55))/mileg.aspx?page=BillStatus&objectname=2012-SB-0995
dc

Congratulations!

Post by dc »

Congratulation Paul & Angel.
I know this has been a long and somewhat bumpy ride.
Thank you for hanging in there.
Denny
debrob2

Congratulations!

Post by debrob2 »

On behalf of my entire family we THANK YOU, all of you...who have worked tirelessly to make this happen. After having utilized almost every possible option of Medical Evacuation over the years, let me assure you there is NO BETTER OPTION than Island Airways!

I recently had a conversation with a couple of other mothers of young children, discussing our options should our children need immediate medical attention that cannot be provided here. We were all in agreement that it was a frightening prospect to have to wait, possibly HOURS, for a plane or helicopter to arrive from Traverse City. Sadly, the best option that we could come up with was to refuse treatment from local EMS and to beg someone to take us immediately. Thank you Island Airways (and whomever else is responsible) for making this option unnecessary!
pam moxham

Post by pam moxham »

YEAH!!!
BI.D

Post by BI.D »

It was sad that our tax money was hurridly thrown away on the Colorado Consultant to do what Island Airways did without taxpayer support. We need more of this type of community spirit that Island Airways exhibited and less taxpayer and government waste. What were the tea party members thinking when this consultant was hired? $10,000 is a lot of public money for our townships to spend on what a private business could do without taxpayer help. Good job Island Airways. I will always support you for what you have done.
jflanagan

Post by jflanagan »

Thank You!!!
James Flanagan
37700 Font View Ct. 4439 N. California
Beaver Island, Mi Chicago, Il
49782 60625
231-448-2109 773-463-5494
Vickie

Post by Vickie »

Great flyover! I is so wonderful to be on Beaver Island the 4th of July. What a parade today! And thank you for your effort to get the certification for the air ambulance.
ronaldstanfield

Air Ambulance

Post by ronaldstanfield »

Greg MacMasters is my Neighbor He one one of the finest Reps we have had in a long time God Bless you Greg. Happy Independence Day
Citizen

Post by Citizen »

From the townships' minutes that I have read over the past year it seems that the townships, EMS and health center has to come to an agreement with Island Airways. Has this been completed? If not, when will it be finalized? Can anyone in need be transported by Island Airways at this time? :?:
Angel Welke

Post by Angel Welke »

Citizen - Give us a call at home (2374). We are happy to answer all questions about the current status of the air ambulance. Paul & Angel Welke
John Bolton

Post by John Bolton »

Small Business 101:
Stay away from consultants
Get your own information.
make your own advances ( no matter how slow it may seem)
talk to those that DO, not those who watch...

.... learned all this the hard way....

Thanks for your efforts I.A.!!!
If we do not all hang together,
we will all hang separately,
Ben Franklin
BI.D

Post by BI.D »

I don't understand why the EMS, Townships and Medical Center are taking so long to move forward. They took only a few minutes to toss $10,000 into the wind to hire the consultant. :cry:
treehugger

Post by treehugger »

Hey! Isn't that what taxpaper money is for! To burn up needlessly.
Mike Green

Post by Mike Green »

I am sick and tired of you people who don't have the guts to post your real name. you must be to insecure with your self. get a life Mike Green