New Sheriff News

Open Discussion - for our Readers, Islanders, and Web Site Visitors alike. Discussion regarding any and all aspects of Beaver Island are welcome here. Also a place for general Beaver Island conversation and discussion.

Moderator: Gillespie

Williams

New Sheriff News

Post by Williams »

The new summer Deputy is now on the Island. His name is Ben Bergmann. Ben is from Charlevoix and has four year Law Enforcement Degree.

For any Law Enforcement needs on the Island, you should first call (231) 448-2700. The available Deputy will return your call when available. If it is an emergency, please dial 911.

That being said, I have recently received complaints about speeding on Kings Highway in the 25 mph zone. There will be upcoming enforcement in that area so please slow down.

Also, Beaver Island is still in Michigan and we do have a seat belt law. I have always been extremely lenient on this matter but please try to buckle up out of respect for the new Deputy...

I would also like to personally thank the Islanders for your support, kindness and respect of the law that we all have here on Beaver Island. Have a safe and fun summer!!!

Deputy Travis Williams
Charlevoix County Sheriff's Office
1000 Grant St Charlevoix MI 49782
(231) 448-2700