Any ideas?

Open Discussion - for our Readers, Islanders, and Web Site Visitors alike. Discussion regarding any and all aspects of Beaver Island are welcome here. Also a place for general Beaver Island conversation and discussion.

Moderator: Gillespie

MarissaCrandall

Any ideas?

Post by MarissaCrandall »

I know I have already said this once but I really need a summer job. I have no idea what to do, and with college coming up next year it's really important to me to have a job this summer. As I said before I am primarily looking for a babysitting job. If anyone has any ideas, Please please PLEASE let me know.
Tuneman

Any Ideas

Post by Tuneman »

Hi Marissa,
We were just reading an article in the newspaper about John Gordon becoming the new CMU's biological station manager and thought that you could give him a call to see if he needs help. According to the article he would be responsible for all the daily campus operations and his coordinating duties would be to get employees for transportation duties for the students & staff, such as trips to the ferry dock to chartering boats for various studies on the outer islands. Maybe if you are interested in doing something like that get in touch with him at the CMU biological station and see if you can be of any help to him for the summer. Just a thought.

Mike.
Trish Scott

Post by Trish Scott »

Would you be comfortable posting signs for babysitting jobs? Tourists may need a babysitter and have no idea how to find one.
jcrew

Just came across this...

Post by jcrew »

Custodial and Hospitality Lead
CMU Biological Station on Beaver Island is seeking a seasonal Custodial and Hospitality Lead for the 2012 season, April 1st to October 31st. 40 hours per week at $10.50 an hour, plus 3 meals per day. Email a resume and cover letter to gordo2jj@cmich.edu
KaylynJ

Post by KaylynJ »

The CMU add is an old one. That position was filled months ago.
LisaG

Post by LisaG »

Marissa, I may need someone 1 or 2 days a week in the gift shop. Give me a call if you are interested. 2888
Lisa Vance-Gillespie