Island Treasures Resale is OVERLOADED with furniture!!

Open Discussion - for our Readers, Islanders, and Web Site Visitors alike. Discussion regarding any and all aspects of Beaver Island are welcome here. Also a place for general Beaver Island conversation and discussion.

Moderator: Gillespie

Jim

Island Treasures Resale is OVERLOADED with furniture!!

Post by Jim »

Help! We can't move!! We have many lamps, chairs, tables, desks, shelves, and dressers. We just got a big family tent, an air mattress, and a lawn chair for your summer camping. Join the fun and shop at Island Treasures Resale Shop this week, Thurs., Fri., and Sat. noon until 4:00.
Thanks for your support.
beckyg44

Post by beckyg44 »

Jim,

Are there any white book shelfs by chance? If so will you contact Debbie Robert and have her pick it up for me...

Thanks,
Becky
Marie S Powers

Post by Marie S Powers »

Wow!!! you folks are SO LUCKY to have such donations. In Brown City, MI we get nothing of the sort to help out our homeless and poor. You should really feel blessed!!!
cathyg

resale shop

Post by cathyg »

Marie Powers, I'm so sorry your community does not do anything for your homeless and your poor....but I must clarify that the Island Treasures Resale Shop here on Beaver Island receives it's donations of resale items to benefit the Volunteer Fire Department for anything they might need to keep our residents safe from fires. I'm sure you didn't mean to imply all those that shop there are homeless and poor but it sort of sounded that way. 99% of the people that shop there do so because there is no other place to shop on the island and we all donate items to help the Fire Department financially and to help each other purchase something we may need at a reasonable price. Please don't give our wonderful resale shop a for the "homeless and poor" reputation.....because we are not !
Cathy (Kate) Garland, former Beaver Island Resident
cathyg

resale shop

Post by cathyg »

and we are very lucky and blessed to have Island Treasures Resale shop....thank you to all who donate their time to work there, to all who donate items for resale and to all who shop there !!
cathyg

resale shop

Post by cathyg »

as long as I'm clarifying...I should have said.....we are so thankful for all our local merchants who work so hard to provide for us a great variety of things we need as well. Thank you local Merchants for all you do for our community as well.