Houseboat "Beaver Queen"

Open Discussion - for our Readers, Islanders, and Web Site Visitors alike. Discussion regarding any and all aspects of Beaver Island are welcome here. Also a place for general Beaver Island conversation and discussion.

Moderator: Gillespie

South Shore

Houseboat "Beaver Queen"

Post by South Shore »

I am wondering of the fate for house boat "Beaver Queen" In the 80's she was owned by the Vertican family and was moored right in front of the Gallagher house just south of Gillespie's dock. I recall seeing her around somewhere on land on a recent visit. Would like contact information of her owner, as I would be interested in seeing if she be for sale!

Many Thanks,
Cpt. Sean Whelan
gatherusin@yahoo.com
Sean Whelan
Rich

Post by Rich »

Last I knew Donald Cole owned it, you can look up his number on the web.
South Shore

Post by South Shore »

Thanks Rich,

Any clue if she's been in the water recently?

Thanks for the heads up!
Sean
Sean Whelan
South Shore

Post by South Shore »

Been trying to get a hold of Don Cole... does anyone know if he's on the island or away for a while? Many thanks!
Sean
Sean Whelan
Shirley Cole

Post by Shirley Cole »

Hi Sean - Don is still on the island, and when I was up there last month, I mentioned your interest in the Beaver Queen. He said he wasn't quite ready to part with it as he was hoping to put it in the water next summer and make some memories with the grandkids. He can be hard to get ahold of as he and his new bride go back and forth between their "city house" and "country house." His # is still 2310, while hers is 2002. Hope this helps ~ Shirley
South Shore

Post by South Shore »

Shirley,

Many thanks for the information. I greatly appreciate it! Glad to know she is still being put to good use, but do let Don know that when he's ready, he has a buyer! Extend Christmas greetings to him, and of course to you as well!

Best wishes,
Sean
Sean Whelan